Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

My name is James and I just recently starting diving into mountain biking. Right now Im building (and learning!) my first bike on a 2011 Gary Fisher Paragon 29er frame. I would love to eventually ride with some of you and get to know you guys! Looking forward to posting more on mtbr!

-James

·
Registered
4 Posts
which part of SW Va ?

Hey everyone!

My name is James and I just recently starting diving into mountain biking. Right now Im building (and learning!) my first bike on a 2011 Gary Fisher Paragon 29er frame. I would love to eventually ride with some of you and get to know you guys! Looking forward to posting more on mtbr!

-James
Any where near Bristol?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm headed that way tomorrow... Damascus that is... 1st stop: Shady Lane Archery Club... then some riding tomorrow afternoon...

I too ride a 2011 Paragon btw....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any where near Bristol?
Actually, near Roanoke...do you ever come this way?

I'm headed that way tomorrow... 1st stop: Shady Lane Archery Club... then some riding tomorrow afternoon...

I too ride a 2011 Paragon btw....
How do you like the Paragon? Being as this is my first frame I was nervous I didnt pick a good frame.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How do you like the Paragon? Being as this is my first frame I was nervous I didnt pick a good frame.
This Paragon is my first 29er.. My upgrades include, wheel set from Super Fly... Elixer brakes, X/9 rear derailer, I have an X/7 on the front... running tubeless... Crank and everything else is stock... including the bars... The bars suprised me... I'm leaving them on for now...

The best I can tell, ( I only have 26 inch experience prior to this) you have an excellent frame to build upon... Turns just fine.. Plenty stable... rides good, but still yet stiff enough... The package just seems to work for me... I'm 5'10", my frame is a 17.5"

Where did you buy your frame? do you have G2 Forks for it?

My next upgrade will probably be the crank.. no problems with it or anything... but sometimes you just have to tinker... so that will be where my next $$ go probably... which crank are you goin with?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This Paragon is my first 29er.. My upgrades include, wheel set from Super Fly... Elixer brakes, X/9 rear derailer...

Where did you buy your frame? do you have G2 Forks for it?
I actually bought the frame on Ebay about two weeks ago. This guy listed it because he needed quick money. I bought it for 130 dollars. I looked but couldnt find anywhere online how much these frames typically cost. As far as forks, none yet. Would you mind telling me what G2 stands for, or what it is?

Thanks everyone for the greetings and help. I usually pick things up pretty quickly...give me time! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
As far as forks, none yet. Would you mind telling me what G2 stands for, or what it is?
G2 Is what Fisher calls their "Genesis Geometry" for 29 ers...

A G2 fork will have an increased amount of fork offset. Increased rake and reduced amount of trail to make it steer quicker without changing the wheelbase. There is a much better description on Trek's web-site: http://fisherbikes.com/bike/series/g2-hardtails

The head angle on the Paragon is designed for a G2 fork...

I really couldn't tell you how the thing would handle with a "regular" fork on there, without the offset...

But I do know, a stock paragon setup with a Fox G2 fork works great... as far as steering and stability.. or so it seems to me... I can say I am pleased with it... Mine handles tight switch backs better than my 26 inch bike.. and it seems more stable on higher speed down hill straight aways...

Not sure if you can get a "G2" fork from fox or not... as it may be a Fisher proprietary thing ?? I'm just not "up" on that type of thing... I would contact Fox...

Maybe some other folks can provide some input here... ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts