Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
29er Minions in DHF 2.5 Exo/TR/3c and DHR II 2.3, plus Ikons in 2.35 EXO for both 26" and 29" finally up on Maxxis website. I know they were showing prototypes of the 29er minions at 2011 Eurobike and Interbike, but I've been hoping they would release a 2.35 Ikon for a while. Seems like it would be the perfect trailbike rear tire in the dry.

Minion DHF
Minion DHR II
Ikon

Anyone have any idea how long its going to take for these tires to get to the shops.

·
beater
5,856 Posts
There are a couple threads in the 29er components forum. From following those threads- according to bholwell, tires generally go live on the website when they're on the boat, but he can't confirm that since he's not with Maxxis anymore. Sounds like the best case scenario is the end of March, but I'm not going to get emotionally invested in the wait. I will buy as soon as they're available, though.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I saw that thread, but it's 29er specific. I'm equally, maybe more, interested in the 2.35 ikon 26" tire which is why I posted here.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I would love to see Maxxis update their Ignitor tire. This is a favorite of mine, but the weight vs volume makes it hard for it to compete with other tires. That said the tread pattern provides a great mix of traction and speed IMHO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts