Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just got a pair of these yesterday. Very light, stiff and beautiful. Carbon spokes and a machined out rim.

When she is back from Italy on monday I will try and get a weight on them.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Very cool, can you snap a picture or two. Who is your wife, I've seen you posting in some of the racing/endurance threads, so she must be pro level. Lots of very good new stuff coming up here, looks like a great year to be a cyclist.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cranked said:
Very cool, can you snap a picture or two. Who is your wife, I've seen you posting in some of the racing/endurance threads, so she must be pro level. Lots of very good new stuff coming up here, looks like a great year to be a cyclist.
Catharine Pendrel, she rides for the Luna team.
Definately, lots of new cool stuff coming out.

I don't think the wheel come in at 1100 grams. Catharine said they are quite as light as a tricked out Stans wheel, but they are stiff.

I will snap some pics when get back from worlds.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My understanding is that the Mavic R-sys wheels have been less than stellar with regards to spoke breakage. I hope this isn't exactly what Mavic have based the new Crossmaxes on. Or they have learned from earlier mistakes. LMN, best wishes to your wife and her reaching her goals.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Apparently the wheels will not be produced. They are a one-off wheel for the olympics. Unfortunately she has to give them back after the olympics.

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
I'd guess that they expect them to last between 20-30 hours of riding so they can cover the Olympic training, practice and the race without exploding. Then it will be Logan's Run time for the wheels, they will have to be retired.

·
Registered
372 Posts
TheRedMantra said:
Can't wait to see a set on eBay in a few years ;)
yeah, you can dream about it :D mavic did exactly the same to last olympic, after the race, they detroyed them, just becouse they were build to last like 300 km, and it would be bad publicity if someone rode them and they got a failure :D

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.