Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
can i stump him with a really heavy blunt object please... :confused:

just look the other way ppl...ill be really quick and really brutal...

(be ashamed of ur self...like really man...ur bad)

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
that thing comes with TPC, so watch your mouth there. TPC is THE SH!T!!!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Master_Jako said:
NEVER!!! you will never take me alive! muhahahah--ssv damping rules! yeah! whooo whooo!!! anyhow, i agree with zedro...that old manitou is definatly better then a boxxer;):D, even though it locks out in cold weather :( :( :(
if you had one, it could probably be modified a bit closer to todays standards

·
Registered
500 Posts
TPC= TOTAL PIECE of CRAP

COmtbiker12 said:
that thing comes with TPC, so watch your mouth there. TPC is THE SH!T!!!
by far the dumbest gimmick ever invented. Yeah, pump "fresh" lube into the old stuff. In order for that to work good, you'd have to pump enough grease in to clear out the old stuff. But wait, there is not place for the old lube to go??? Hell, just keep pumpin' it in 'til it's rigid!!

Beau

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Hey I never said it was reliable, just I like how it rides and stuff. And atleast the new forks with TPC like Shermans are sweet.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Beau said:
by far the dumbest gimmick ever invented. Yeah, pump "fresh" lube into the old stuff. In order for that to work good, you'd have to pump enough grease in to clear out the old stuff. But wait, there is not place for the old lube to go??? Hell, just keep pumpin' it in 'til it's rigid!!

Beau
you have no clue what TPC actually is do you? heres a hint: it has nothing to do with the fork lube, except as a consequence...although it could be oil lubricated if they wanted to.

·
where's the kick stand?
674 Posts
thats one of the 1st DC forks ive seen with boots.that is if you could call that a fork.i
can picture jason kicking freddys ass with one of those.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Master_Jako said:
nice idea, but i dont think its realistic...why try to modify a fork that way past its time? mabey you can build up a retro DH bike, but thats pretty much it.
you probably couldnt find one that wasent completly beat anyways...plus they were expensive, so probably very rare.

·
Tonight we ride.
769 Posts
Beau said:

Beau
Now that's funny. One of the best damping systems ever made is a gimmick? And it's not even a damping system but a grease port that you didn't know how to use?

That was an awesome fork for its time, and still superior to a lot of stuff being made today.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.