Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yo, ssup

Have you all ready seen the new Manitou DH fork? Here in Switzerland some guys are allready rippin this sh!t. Hopefully a dorado mrd-x works kickin' product (I hate the new Dorados)

Both with 203mm travel...the white one is probably the cheaper one.. called Travis Flore! Black one's called Travis Tr.

Let's see the fo pics ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've seen them on Caluori's new bike.
They're ugly as elephant ****, but smoother than fox.

They're said to be a combination of SPV and TPC+ in there. So that you'll get the spv efficiency and the tpc feel.....

·
100% Cheesy Goodness
489 Posts
DeJean said:
I've seen them on Caluori's new bike.
They're ugly as elephant ****, but smoother than fox.

They're said to be a combination of SPV and TPC+ in there. So that you'll get the spv efficiency and the tpc feel.....
now if they'd just make something that will easily clear a 2.7 and had 35mm+ stantions I would consider buying one.

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
konabiker said:
All I ask from manitou is a 8inch slider with tpc+ damping and 35mm stanchions.
and a foot of exposed stanchion please, oh wait, they already got that one covered.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Manitou's return/service policy sucks. If you are a local you can just drive into Marzocchi. The guys are all smiles and they take care of you fast.

Manitou you can't just walk in and drop off the fork. You have to send it from a bike shop only adding more days off the bike because of no fork. Then it sits for a week and you call and they say the tech just started looking at it. You would think this fork would have priority after it has been in the shop 4 times before. My friend said he would just give them his Xworks and take the other Dorado (losing money mind you). He just wants a fork to work. The fork has been in for repairs for over a month and a half and he has rode on it about 15 times. Bran new M-3 just sits in the garage....

Manitou sucks............. gotta go with Marzocchi

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
SocalSuperhero said:
I'd be really stoked with current 7" slider with tpc. I wish there was a way to swap out the spv internals for tpc.
There is a way...

Call up manitou.

·
395 Fat Tire Council
296 Posts
konabiker said:
There is a way...

Call up manitou.
Just got off the phone. The tech told me they "don't recommend it becuase the forks weren't designed for tcp dampening", but they have parts for the full TPC conversion, the pricing is about the same as upgrading to the 05 evolve, and here are the part numbers:

PN 85-5129 TPC Commpression Assembly
PN 06-5335 TPC Rebound Assembly

I think i'm going to be giving this a try instead of upgrading my slider+ to the 05 evolve.

·
Kill that $hit!
809 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Manitou's return/service policy sucks. If you are a local you can just drive into Marzocchi. The guys are all smiles and they take care of you fast.

Manitou you can't just walk in and drop off the fork. You have to send it from a bike shop only adding more days off the bike because of no fork. Then it sits for a week and you call and they say the tech just started looking at it. You would think this fork would have priority after it has been in the shop 4 times before. My friend said he would just give them his Xworks and take the other Dorado (losing money mind you). He just wants a fork to work. The fork has been in for repairs for over a month and a half and he has rode on it about 15 times. Bran new M-3 just sits in the garage....

How do you really feel?

·
395 Fat Tire Council
296 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Manitou can lick my sack

Marzochhi RULES !!!!
For some reason i really like the feel of the sherman forks, but manitous service sucks. It really pisses me off how you have to go through a dealer for every little thing. I blew a rebound assembly once and they decided they were going to warrenty it, so i said great, just ship it to me. Nope, have to go to a shop. I ended up spending half a day trying to convince the shop manager to just let manitou ship it to them. It finally came down to calling manitou from the shop, getting a manager on the phone, and then puttin gthe shop manager on with them. What a pain in my ass. At least with marz you can call them up and get some real answers and parts without having to pretend to be from a shop.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
SocalSuperhero said:
For some reason i really like the feel of the sherman forks, but manitous service sucks. It really pisses me off how you have to go through a dealer for every little thing. I blew a rebound assembly once and they decided they were going to warrenty it, so i said great, just ship it to me. Nope, have to go to a shop. I ended up spending half a day trying to convince the shop manager to just let manitou ship it to them. It finally came down to calling manitou from the shop, getting a manager on the phone, and then puttin gthe shop manager on with them. What a pain in my ass. At least with marz you can call them up and get some real answers and parts without having to pretend to be from a shop.
This company really makes me mad...too many hassles to turn in a fork

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:

That your bike SMT? That is one helluva nice rig you have there. I must be hiding in a cave or something as I had never seen details on it before! ;) ;) ;)

TJ

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
006_007 said:
That your bike SMT? That is one helluva nice rig you have there. I must be hiding in a cave or something as I had never seen details on it before! ;) ;) ;)

TJ
no it is not my bike. It is my buddy's and he has ridden it about 15 times. the rest of the time his fork has been in the shop (last 3 months). It just sucks to see your buddy down because of stupidity.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.