Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yo dudes

Have you all ready seen the new Manitou DH fork? Here in Switzerland some guys are allready rippin' this sh!t. Hopefully a dorado mrd-x works kickin' product (I hate the new Dorados)

Both with 203mm travel...the white one is probably the cheaper one.. called Travis Flore! Black one's called Travis Tr.

Let's see the fo pics ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
wait? i heard the Travis is supposed to be single crown? thatd be insane, but kinda pointless cause most Dh-ers arnt doin barspins! (pluss they dont have the oil/air capacity of dual crowns) but would make a damn fine freeride fork.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The Travis is available in SC form in either 150,180 or 203mm versions as well as a DC in 180 or 203mm I believe. The 150mm SC version will be available in 1.125 steerer but the 180 and 203mm will be 1.5 only AFAIK. And SPV wouldn't be nice on that fork, that's why Manitou abandoned it. They have a new type of damping that prevents bottom-out but doesn't restrict fork movement in general. SPV forks felt like old-school air forks with massive "stiction" which not too many people seemed to like. The only esthetic similarity to the 888 is that they both are black. A lot of forks are black, this fork has RA lowers and looks more like a Sherman Slider than an 888.

·
MTBR Mafia
1,553 Posts
I dont really like that reverse arch look on dc's i think it looks akward. with that being said, im sure it will be an awesome fork coming from Manitou

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
cdub said:
I dont really like that reverse arch look on dc's i think it looks akward. with that being said, im sure it will be an awesome fork coming from Manitou
I don't like it either. But a SC Sherman without logos, just flat black with the RA casting...hawt. Unfortunately I prefer Marzocchi for anything big.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i was reffering to it as a freeride fork with SPV. SPV forks arnt to hot for dh, i know that. but it would make it very pedalabe. thats amazing though, 203mm single crown forks?!?! what, is it a 1.5 steel steerer or something? either way, i might have to get one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts