Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got me a large to replace my medium M-3 (selling the old frame with MRP Slaom, Saint cranks and crane creek headset)
had the black stripped and then re-powdercoated to red

specs....39.1 pounds
Large M-3
Marzocchi Roco WC with ti spring
Marzocchi 2006 888 RC2X
2009 Saint Cranks
Azonic Ti/mag A-frame pedals (very lite)
Hadleys on 823's
MRP G2 mini (these are awesome)

notice the protective tape....it is actually waterproof electric tape.....peel and stick (thanks intense10rider) stuff is amazing

Attachments

·
Commit or eat sh!t
2,393 Posts
Looks great Bob! :thumbsup:

By the way, where do you get that thick black protective tape on the chainstay?

·
Rip Van Winkle
310 Posts
Cable0guy said:

notice the protective tape....it is actually waterproof electric tape.....peel and stick (thanks intense10rider) stuff is amazing

That looks really nice.

·
Commit or eat sh!t
2,393 Posts
Restoman said:
notice the protective tape....it is actually waterproof electric tape.....peel and stick (thanks intense10rider) stuff is amazing.
I read that, but what Bob used doesn't look like regular electrical tape, and doesn't look like layers of it either.

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
Did you go from a Medium to a Large?

Anyway, nice bike. Again, I still like the matte black better but that's just me.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cable0guy said:

this stuff...available at Lowes or Home Depot.....it is actually cool because you don't have to wrap it around and it it very clean looking

scotch 2228 moisture sealing electrical tape

http://www.tapecase.com/p.1190.348/3m-scotch-2228-rubber-mastic-tape.aspx

FYI I used the 1 inch tape, but I would use the 2 inch wide tape so you wouldn't have to have splits

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I see you double checked the tape to make sure it was waterproof, or did your girlsfriend"s dog take a leak on it? Looks nice but needs some Northstar dirt on it to break it in.

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
super nice man!!!! Congrats!

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dezul43 said:
me too.... i think the cockpit fits a lot better and something about the bigger bike gives me more confidence.
definately feels smoother...but that could be the Marz Roco instead of the dhx 5.0....bike is quieter and has better small bump sensitivity with ROCO

feels more stable at high speeds to....I measured the wheelbase difference (3/4 inch when not sitting on bike so riding it maybe is an inch

1 - 20 of 72 Posts