Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Rednose/Greenback
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walked into a local Costco and was surprised to see a fat bike for sale. Not exactly my cup of tea mind you but such is the way of the world.

2017-04-11 15.08.17.jpg

No way to un-see it so I went home and gave my greenback and Pugsley a little spot check and some chain lube. Then took each for short ride.
That seemed to help...

·
Rocking on a Rocky
1,637 Posts
I want a new Bronco but not that one.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Looks like I won't need to wait for the 18 farley.....Thank You COSTCO!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I can understand them not knowing how to build it correctly, obviously they sell it with the intention the person purchasing it assembles it or takes it to a bike shop... but the "do not lay flat handle with care" print on the side of the box laid flat... :madman:

·
Registered
833 Posts
They assembled the tire to the rim in the correct direction, however by putting the fork on wrong the tread is now in the wrong direction. RH brake discs to boot :)

·
FB&H rider
413 Posts
If I only had $200.00, I would ride that bike. But I would definitely assemble it myself:thumbsup:
I love Costco - damn I miss it over here in Germany.... I'm sure there are various reasons for disliking them, but they're no Walmart!

They do sometimes offer good quality stuff, so it actually wouldn't surprise me to see them selling a decent Trek or Giant some day.

But yes, heh, is funny to see the results of their grill-master assembly. And I agree, that for $200 it's a worthy entry. I know I know, the debate of 'we'll chase a way prospective riders with crappy bikes,' but I fall into the 'the person buying that bike is never going to have the scratch for the $2k bike anyway, let em ride a cheap/heavy fattie' camp.

Tschuss!

·
Rent this space for $
3,641 Posts
I agree. Costco is the cat's ass. We do the bulk of our shopping there. Bikes, when they occasionally appear, are just impulse buy offerings at typically killer price points. The cool thing is you could go out and ride the bajeezuz out of that thing and say "f' it, I don't like this thing no more!" and take it back for a full refund. Then take your duckets outside to the food court and get yourself a YUUUGE slice of pepperoni pizza and a sodee pop for $2.16! What's not to like about that?

·
Registered
126 Posts
$200 is pretty amazing. I assume it's just a hi tensile steel frame but am surprised it actually has gears. It would make a great commuter bike that no one would want to steal.

1 - 20 of 247 Posts