Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out and explored the trail system closest to were I live and even closer to work. It is a pretty cool spot to ride. For some reason I kept flashing to scenes from the revolutionary war. Maybe because the park is long the road to Concord, maybe it was the old stone walls or decaying foundations from a long lost town.

The park sees a far amount of traffic from hikers, hourse and MTBers. BUt for the most part even on a crouded sunday afternoon I was able to ride alone for long stretches. There isn't a ton of technical to this place, but it as it's spots.

It was strange to ride through so many swamps.

Here are a few pictures from my ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
New England

Hey Brian! Definately looks like my old home (grew up in Newton & Brighton) back there in New England! Those stone walls seem to be everywhere.... Also looks like you're 'acclimating' and have started taking great photo's again, even if they are so close to sea level. ;)

Already miss you out here, as when I think about riding in ABQ, it's all different now. Where in MA did you move to? North Shore? Can't remember.... have to look you up when I go visit mom & dad!

Also, look for some classic NM & CO pix in my next race report from Telluride.... I took a bunch of on the road shots on the way home, in case you need an expansive vista type moment! :p (didn't smash face in this face, but may have come in last...)

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I miss you guys too.

I read Tim's post about the epic SF ride and missed the west. BUt 'm starting to settle in to the east. Man is it closterphobic here! =) And humidity...I can barely breath. It feels like a brick on my chest. I'll take high altitude lack of O2 to O2 replacement by H2O almost any day.

I'm living in Tewksbury (just south of Lowell). The trails I rode today were at Great Brook Farm State park, in Chelmsford. you should definatly look me up when you get back east.

As for fix of the west....my Loco is all packed up for shippment to Colorado Springs! I can't wait.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks.

DEET is a good red paint remover. my sidi's won't ever look the same. You should have used some on the ruby slippers!

Are you all set for the Springs? Kristian said he emailed you. My bike is packed and I'll ship it this week. (no getting sick!)

·
sh*t eater
217 Posts
Trading Red for Green

Nice photos Brian, some really cool saturated scenes you found. Just looking at the photos alone has me thinking revolutionary war.

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
Nice...

Brian:

I imagine it will take a while to get used to the terrain out here. I've heard that claustrophobia thing from others who have come out here from the west. I suppose its all the steep hills and trees (or maybe all the people?).

The humidity is actually not all that bad right now, though I suppose Friday was kinda bad. We're definitely have a mild summer, there are times where it will be 95 with 95% humidity for a week or more. Today was excellent for riding. The fall is the best time to ride, the days are cool and crisp, not to mention the leaves.

Anyway, its great to see some nice pictures from the east. I'd love to see more!

John

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Lay off the slippers man!

brianc said:
DEET is a good red paint remover. my sidi's won't ever look the same. You should have used some on the ruby slippers!

Are you all set for the Springs? Kristian said he emailed you. My bike is packed and I'll ship it this week. (no getting sick!)
I got Kristian's message. I'm still haggling with the boss over time off and the last minute notice. Worst case scenario Saturday only for me, we'll see. I told Scott about it, Jim and Brian A. also. They all expressed interest, none committed yet though.

·
beer thief
4,911 Posts
Brian - bummer about Saturday. The crazy thing is it didn't rain here in N. Conway, and I had friends at a 24 hr. race in Henniker and it didn't rain there either!

You should also check out Dracut/Lowell State Park - http://www.nemba.org/yabbse/index.php?board=8;action=display;threadid=4342 - it should be fairly close to you. Might be worth it for a quick ride after work.

Directions here: http://content.mtbr.com/pscTrails/United,States,Trails/Massachusetts/,Lowell,Dracut,State,Forest/PRD_168399_4554crx.aspx#reviews

·
Woohooo!
5,104 Posts
Your bike is packed already?

brianc said:

You are coming the weekend of the 6th-8th right? I think your bike is going to be pretty lonely by the time you get out here.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was to work in Denver from the 31st-5th.

So I packed it up adn will ride the hard tail.

I'm going to have FedEx use evening delivery (5-8pm) should make things work out nicely.

·
Woohooo!
5,104 Posts
brianc said:
So I packed it up adn will ride the hard tail.

I'm going to have FedEx use evening delivery (5-8pm) should make things work out nicely.
Cool. Let me know the tracking number when you get it and I'll make sure that I'm home that evening.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts