Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess Pivot is really hyped about their XC racing team and has put out a new LES. Claimed to be about 300 grams lighter with new carbon layup, integrated headset, and new carbon (non-SS-compatible) dropouts. Supposed to be about 2.3 pounds for a medium. Geo looks similar or exactly the same as old model.
https://www.pivotcycles.com/en/bike-les-sl-1

·
Having a nice day!
1,422 Posts
That is a pretty significant drop in grams. I still have the V1 and the geo has remained the same on subsequent updates. I guess if it is working for the racers, why change it. That said, I still think a rowdy trail hardtail would be great, but not sure if the market is asking for that.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a pretty significant drop in grams. I still have the V1 and the geo has remained the same on subsequent updates. I guess if it is working for the racers, why change it. That said, I still think a rowdy trail hardtail would be great, but not sure if the market is asking for that.
Yeah, IMO rowdy and hardtail are mutually exclusive. Well, I guess instead of "in my opinion" I should have said "in between my butt cheeks".

·
Registered
565 Posts
I would be all over it if they has kept the Swinger II dropout, I need the SS option as that is what I ride 99% of the time (Gen II Les). I was pretty bummed to see it with a fixed dropout...

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,202 Posts
Why are the seat tube angles still so slack on race bikes such as this one? Makes no sense, since steep seat tube aids climbing.
Because it's not a long travel bike where when you sit, you sag a bunch and the SA slackens even more, in addition to more rearward weight bias when climbing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.