Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please allow me to introduce to you two new Alaskan bicycle owners. They are a delightful couple who have resided in Kodiak for a number of years and now winter in Denali. Their names are David and Lisa, and they are the proud owners of two pre-owned Ellsworth Jokers from Moab Cyclery in Mowab, Utaw.

David has been lurking here, but I'm hoping this will draw him out and maybe he'll post some pics of their new rides.

By the way, Clare and I are still in Moab due to her breaking her leg early in our visit; much easier to recuperate here ten minutes from the hospital in fifty degree ABOVE weather than it is at home, so we're staying till she's walking without a splint. Ten solid hours of sunshine on solstice. I liked it.

Been doing some pleasant rides, and enjoying the 'winter' desert. Y'all stop by if you're in the hood.

Ken

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Holy Crap! A busted leg? Ouch. Something dangerous about Utah for Alaskans, it seems. Our most heart-felt wishes for a speedy recovery from Barny and Moi. Have a great New Years down there. It's raining here and I think they canceled the fireworks.

Barny sez "hi" to David and Lisa.

Take care.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well! YOU certainly disappeared quickly!!!

tscheezy said:
Holy Crap! A busted leg? Ouch. Something dangerous about Utah for Alaskans, it seems. Our most heart-felt wishes for a speedy recovery from Barny and Moi. Have a great New Years down there. It's raining here and I think they canceled the fireworks.

Barny sez "hi" to David and Lisa.

Take care.
I trust the rest of your trip was satisfactory, yes? Had breakfast with Hfly a few times since you left; he and Mike are still doing ridiculously difficult rides without breaking a sweat, it seems.

Yeah, Clare's leg...ya shoulda seen here on that RFX, 12 feet to flat, almost landed it but a runaway baby stroller rolled into her path and she twisted in the air....

.....or it coulda been when the fencepost she was trying to reef out of the ground unexpectedly broke off instead of allowing itself to be pulled out. She fell over backwards down the hill, folding her ankle under her, breaking her tib/fib and dislocating said ankle in the process. I've always TOLD her yard work was hazardous!

Best to Barnelia, and happy new year to all.

Ken

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Gotta wear armor for yard work, and a full-face if it involves a Garden Weasel for sure.

I am sorry about dashing like that. I did a ride with the boyz, crashed with them for a night, then it started to rain and I crashed for real on Slickrock (got some armburger), then headed to St. G to lick my wounds. I stopped by you place before leaving town but no one was home (at the hospital already??).

Happy New Years to y'all!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts