Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode it this weekend. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but wasn't bad. It's very fast and generally goes down hill. It's starts on Motor Head just before it intersects with TnT. It drops down through some trees out onto a ski run. You hit some fast off chamber turns then a wooden jump in the middle of the ski run. Then you cut through some trees and hit a twisty/curvy bridge ride that spits you back out onto the ski run. After some more high speed ski run you go into some more trees and hit the "Schley" drop (nice a floaty!) back out onto the ski run for some more fast turns. It's back into the trees for a bidge section with a left turn in the middle and either a drop or roll down at the end. That dumps you onto the trail a couple of turns above Wild Thing.

Anybody else hit it?

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Sweet

I'm glad to see they are finally expanding! Ever since they opened Cowboy Up in 1999, it seems like they were focusing on building more green runs at the bottom of the mountain. Hopefully they will be able to continue building more advanced trails--they have plenty of great terrain to use!

·
a dad
2,927 Posts
how many trails??

so how many trail do they have, is it worth the price?? can you also get a good XC ride in while you are there?? how much is a lift ticket, can you buy per ride?? thanks, thats a lot of questions isn't it..

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Trail count is relative

billybobzia said:
so how many trail do they have, is it worth the price?? can you also get a good XC ride in while you are there?? how much is a lift ticket, can you buy per ride?? thanks, thats a lot of questions isn't it..
I don't know how many trails are on the map by name (lots), but essentially there are two choices at the top, followed by four choices at 3/4 up the mountian. Those four choices funnel back to two choices. Lift tickets are ~$25 and can be purchased on a by-ride basis (but are more expensive that way).

What do you mean by XC? Stuff that you don't need a DH bike for? You can clean everything on the trails I know (all but the new "mid" trail) on a hardtail. That being said, a hardtail will beat the stuffing out of you on the intermediate and expert trails. The green trail would be considered an "epic downhill" if it were anywhere other than a ski resort. The blue trails are steeper and allow you to get going pretty fast. The black trails will test almost anyone's skills but they aren't anything like you would see in a biking video.

You can also ride up the greens or on the fireroad. The fireroad is 2,400 feet of unremarkable climbing and on the greens you will be dodging tourons the whole way up (even though the uphill rider technically has the right of way). I would advise buying a ticket and wearing yourself out on DH rather than climb all the way up for one run down.

·
Team Cspine
492 Posts
It's all excellent

billybobzia said:
I went there for the first time a few weeks ago and had a great time. I was silly enough to climb the mountain just to say I did because I'm an asthmatic but on the ride back down I hooked up with a semi-regular who led the way. I figured since he knew the trails but was on a hardtail, that would work about even since I hadn't been there before but I have a full suspension ride.

We started from the top on the green (Suzs' Cruise) which had me a little worried at first because it's pretty rutted and worn in alot of places so I got a little concerned about the blue and black trails further down. We blazed down the green, hooked up with a blue trail (Mosquito Coast I think?) made a few more turns, hit the road for a bit then finished on the WIld Thing trail just for giggles. The guy warned me ahead of time us XC types would have to walk through some parts of that one. But I got to see how the other half lives anyway! There's a great stretch of that blue trail where you get funneled straight down a narrow chute that's really dusty and has some rocks, fortunately not loose, but it was definitely entertaining and fun.

I'm not sure I'd do the double black trails unless you're dh'er but the rest of the mountain would be an XC blast for you I'm certain. I'll be back up there in a couple of weeks and this time I may take the longest way down I can cobble together. The green and blue trials put together would definitely be an 'epic' ride.

The all day lift ticket was $28.

Do it, you won't regret it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.