Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new job:yesnod: working second (swings) shift near Sky Harbor. Anyone else work similar hours near there want to get together for some rides before or after work?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aerospace mechs- If you are one- hit me up in a PM and I'll gladly give you the lowdown!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice- I interview today, pretty much a lock down on it I am told and should start next week. Now I have to get used to the hours again.

·
Registered
127 Posts
tacobeer and I both work 2nd shift and ride the north mountain dreamy draw area on wednesdays starting around 11:30 if your interested

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like it too- I think my shift is going to be over at 11- but w/ no traffic and a little speeding I could make that. Been a long time since I rode with TB. Where do you guys take off from/park at?

·
Registered
127 Posts
From his house 51st and thunderbird or we park at his moms house off thunderbird 5 min to the trails.we also rode last night.come join us.hopefully your not as fast as he says you got

·
Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
859 Posts
Like it too- I think my shift is going to be over at 11- but w/ no traffic and a little speeding I could make that. Been a long time since I rode with TB. Where do you guys take off from/park at?
We switch it up sometimes, starting from my place or near my mom's or driving out to Aunt chilada's or even to sonoran loops and Deem Hills. Normally we start off on the church trail near central & T-Bird (Shaw Butte Mtn) head out till one of us gets too tired or drank all the beers.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TB is wrong!! When we raced together we were pretty close, but I took some time off the bike and am very slow and out of shape right now. Its coming back quick, and since I am a sufferer, will be ready to go before my body! Couple weeks or so if I can keep riding/progressing at this rate though!

·
No Clue Crew
4,108 Posts
What's "Second Shift?" My schedule is 11 - 7/8/9/10/11 (whenver the work is done) so I still try to ride at day break so I can get home and shower before work. But, many times I don't much care. We've hit a couple SoMo rides at 6a and when everyone heads off to work at 9a I play around for another hour.

With that said, I don't get out much during the week. Need to. Bad.

·
SamuraiBunnyGuy
2,587 Posts
i did nearly a whole decade of playing grocery store, with '96-'02 being 3rd shift stocking.

nothing like 50 hours of grocery store music a week to squeeze the last bit of non-cynicism outta ya.
they should've used that **** at guantanamo...

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well that job (a contract) got canceled the day I was to start. A bummer, but things happen for a reason and I would have been more pissed to be there a week then get canceled (have to dissamble tool chest, load in to Xterra, reassmble to work).

Then that day I got a call to back on the road to work with the FMX tour. Not easy money, but lots of fun and good money. Downside, no bike for a whole month unless I find a rental. Looks like the idea of doing a duathlon may come around-I'll have time to run, see what rain looks like and get out of the heat a bit!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats on the wedding, now get some riding in- this place needs some Big-O video to cheer it up!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts