Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pulled the trigger on a 2011 D29 pro should be in by Saturday, been out of biking for 6 years, last ride was a Cannondale Super V 2000, never was comfortable on that thing way to much work to get anywhere. This is probably more bike then I need but got a screamin deal on it. I'm at 6-2" 235 and a slug, hoping to get to about 215 by June 1st. Really excited I will post some pics when she arrives. Will probably be asking for some advise as time goes along from you guys who actually know what's up. Any feed back or opinions on this bike would be interesting to read,cheers!

·
i also unicycle
2,043 Posts
i rode one last year. curious to hear on the new head tube height. 2010 was kinda low, but i heard they fired their mtb product manage who was about 5'7 and hated tall head tubes. they raised it over an inch(at least in larger sizes), should be a tad more comfortable for most.

i work in a jamis shop and that was my demo last year, might get another this year. iirc total weight with mid level shimano pedals was 24lbs in a 21" frame size.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was a concerne for me but I was told the tube height was raised I just wasn't told how much, I'm hoping I don't have to start fittin bars and stuff just to get comfortable, I bought the 21" sight unseen based on research and the type of riding I will be doing. Was leaning towards a steel frame but for a couple of extra clams I thought WTF.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.