Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi all,

Just ordered a new Komodo 2.0 (last one at jenson, so they say) and my friend is getting her Parker 1.0 tomorrow! Any advice we should take into consideration with these?

Glad to be joining the Jamis forum!

Mike

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sweet purchase...for both of you! I started riding Jamis' about four yrs ago and love both bikes I've had. I think you'll find they are pretty dependable bikes and can grow quite easily as your skills develop.Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Bad news first; Jenson called up and said there was an error in their inventory and that they didn't have the bike and are now completely sold out.

Good news is that my local bike shop ordered a 2008 model vice the 2007 I was going to get and it's only about $40 more than I was going to spend on 07 model. Should have it in about a week and a half now!

I know the 08 is a different frame than the 07 - does it still jump as well? I see they changed it up again in 09.

·
Registered
7 Posts
AWESOME! i have a 2007 Jamis Komodo 3. and it is very nice. but somthing to take into consideration is the fork. i had a Manitou Stance and it was o.k at first but kept geting worse so i got the new Marzoochi 55 TST2 160mm. and the both combined is heaven. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah I've thought about that. Mine came with RST Launch fork. I'll put some miles into it and see how it rides after I've broken it in, but ideally I'd love to put a 55 and new wheel (or hub?) on the front. It's been pretty cold, and I've only been on one freeride sesh with it, but I love the bike. Ordered some new funn fatboy handlebars as the ones that came with it are super-narrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.