Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Thats a solid bike.

A bit heavier than the Team and the World Cup, but I guess a more 'huckable' parts spec? What are you looking to do with the bike? Do you race regularly, what do you ride most often?

Anyway, a bit more input is needed on your riding style and whatnot to determine whether it would be a good bike for you, but I'd say overall its an awesome bike and should fit most needs.

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
How tall are you? What size are you looking at? How to you ride? Do you freeride/race/trailride? How old are you? Experience level?

Those are examples of questions that you need to answer before anyone can give you a good recommendation.

In general, Sundays are great bikes. The BBs are very low so if you're looking at strictly freeriding and skinnies then it's not the greatest bike, but if you're split between racing/freeriding/trails or you just do racing and DH then it's awesome.

I might recommend the Team instead of the Expert, but that's just 'cause I'm a Boxxer guy and the build appeals to racing more, which is what that bike is made for anyways.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just starting riding mountain bikes more regularly
i do like jumping and laddders and stuff with some downhill
im abuot 5'7"
im 14
and im pretty good from my experience riding motorcycles
i have a giant AC but im going to sdtart saving up for a new bike
this ones pretty cool

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
BFloFoxRider. said:
i just starting riding mountain bikes more regularly
i do like jumping and laddders and stuff with some downhill
im abuot 5'7"
im 14
and im pretty good from my experience riding motorcycles
i have a giant AC but im going to sdtart saving up for a new bike
this ones pretty cool
Sounds like you might be looking for a more freeridish bike? I'd steer you towards a 7 Point or a 6 Point in that case if you want to stick with Iron Horse.

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Hm, sounds like this bike may be too DH race oriented for you. Not that it won't work, it's just that it's meant for getting down the mountain as fast as possible.

Maybe you should look into an Iron Horse 7point? It will jump a lot better and be more versatile overall. Some other great all around freeride/DH bikes are the Transition Bottlerocket and the Specialized SX Trail.

But, I think the 7point may be your best bet because it's the most DH-feeling one of the bunch.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
BFloFoxRider. said:
oh no im up for any brand
but im thinking a 17 inch frame
but i want to start racing DH
go with a IH.. great rides.. if you're wanting to get into DH racing.. get the sunday expert.. solid bike.. ready to race.. . the bb is super low .. so that won't help FRing much. save your pennies ... this bike is a bit spendy, esp for a 14 year old..
i should be hoping on a sunday elite within the next couple months.. i'll keep you posted on what i like/dislike about it if you haven't picked yours up.

·
Registered
279 Posts
hey brandon. can any body recomend a dh race bike for me im 5'5 14 and i do jumps and ladders i ride a giant pisol 1 and i like dh and fr. im pretty experinced from quads and dirt bikes.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
except phib1134
his names paul
and he's a *****
hahah yea right far from it
normally im the *****
but guess who hucked it first????
hahahahah
great times
45 minutes to hit the ladder
hahahahah

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.