Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
341 - 360 of 435 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi everyone! There some figures in the geometry of the 6.6 SS compared to the regular 6.6that intrigue me.How can the s.s have shorter chainstays (16,75" instead of 17") and shorter toptube (21,5" instead of 21,8") but the wheelbase is longer (43,75" instead of 42,3") These numbers are of the SMALL Frame.

Also, if the bottom bracket is lower (13,6" instead of 13,75") how can the standover be higher? (28,5" instead of 27,5")

Can anyone explain this to me?

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
There´s 2 degrees of headangle difference. Does that explain it all?:rolleyes:

Well, are there any news regarding the frame weight difference to the regular 6.6?

Also (very very important, and i guess not only for me!) when will the SS´s be ready to hit the stores?

Good rides!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
robbieracer said:
The rear travel and spring ratio would be nice to know. I assume that the geometry is per the usual Manitou fork ?
It's a 2.6:1 leverage ratio, check TF tuned's website for a spring # estimate for your weight. The travel supposedly dropped to 6.5", and it uses a 8.5 x 2.5 rear shock. Geometry was designed around a Manitou Nixon 160mm and a flush headset.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I just looked up the axle to crown for the Nixon 160mm & it was stated as 518mm A-C. That means placing a 545mm A-C fork (i.e. Fox 36, RS Lyrik) would raise the bb height by .5", in the end putting the bb height to @ 14.1". That kinda sucks as it really wouldn't be that much lower than a regular 6.6. I hope the Nixon is taller than 518mm since I just pulled off of a sales website.

Dre

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
sanjosedre said:
I just looked up the axle to crown for the Nixon 160mm & it was stated as 518mm A-C. That means placing a 545mm A-C fork (i.e. Fox 36, RS Lyrik) would raise the bb height by .5", in the end putting the bb height to @ 14.1". That kinda sucks as it really wouldn't be that much lower than a regular 6.6. I hope the Nixon is taller than 518mm since I just pulled off of a sales website.

Dre
Dre I'm assuming that's for the 145mm version- I just went and measured a RS revelation 130mm and it's about 510mm AC. My Lyrik is 545mm. Lets hope they spec'd it around the 540ish mark.

341 - 360 of 435 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.