Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to build up a new Inbred SS with my current parts... I have Avid Juicy 7 brakes with 185mm rotors. Has anyone run this size caliper in back with the new caliper placement? Just curious if I should order a 160mm rotor and adapt. before hand. Thanks!

·
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crisillo said:
I bet it should work..I run a 160 in 26er... but here's a pic of a 203mm on a 26er

Hmmmm, I think it might be tight but I'll cross my fingers that it fits. Frame arrives tomorrow so we shall see. Thanks for the info...

·
Super Moderator
20,806 Posts
cycljunkie said:
Hmmmm, I think it might be tight but I'll cross my fingers that it fits. Frame arrives tomorrow so we shall see. Thanks for the info...
no prob! :thumbsup:
please post back with your findings

·
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chain Tensioner

Can anyone tell me if the new Inbred (frame only) comes with the chain tensioner(s)? I just received mine today from Zed Sports but there wasn't any tensioners in the box. Is that an extra item that I have to purchase? I know I need one for at least the drive side right (to run SS)? Thanks in advance...

·
Super Moderator
20,806 Posts
cycljunkie said:
Can anyone tell me if the new Inbred (frame only) comes with the chain tensioner(s)? I just received mine today from Zed Sports but there wasn't any tensioners in the box. Is that an extra item that I have to purchase? I know I need one for at least the drive side right (to run SS)? Thanks in advance...

chaintug is separate...really cheap, but not included... you need only on for the drive-side BTW

·
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Schaweeeeeeet!

First ride on my new Inbred last night... I was likin' it a lot! The new rear end is very nice. Easy to adjust and easy to change a flat with. I'm using a Surly tuggnutt on mine. 185mm Juicy 7's fit just fine in back. Coming off of an EBB frame this bike felt much snappier on steep climbs. I'll post up some pics and the build later today. Brant, kudos on an awesome Inbred v2.0!

·
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Build

19.5" frame (I'm 6' w/33" inseam)
Salsa Loco DH riser bars 28" wide
RaceFace Deus HS
Reba SL @ 90mm
Avid Juicy 7 w/185mm rotors (f & r)
Hone cranks w/Blackspire 32t ring
Shimano 959 pedals
King / Delgado Disc wheels w/14g spokes
Surly 20t cog
Salsa QR
Surly tuggnutt tensioner
Rampage (f), GEAX Saguaro (r) + std. 29er tubes
Thomson post
Thomson 110x0 stem (31.8)
WTB saddle
Oury grips

·
Glutton for punishment
581 Posts
Nice ride!

Got me jonesing for a 29r SS myself...

That geax tire looks similar to a Python, how does it do on the loose and rocky that we have out here?

ScottN

·
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ScottN said:
Nice ride!

Got me jonesing for a 29r SS myself...

That geax tire looks similar to a Python, how does it do on the loose and rocky that we have out here?

ScottN
I ran it front and rear for a bit but it was a little slippery up front for AZ (it rocked with this setup in Cali though). The tire seems to have huge volume to it. I haven't had any issues with sidewall tears and the knobs are holding up well. It's a fast rolling tire. If you like big vol. w/small, closely spaced knobs I'd say the Saguaro is your tire. I really like the Rampage/Saguaro combo. They also have it in a 26" version that is massive...

·
I am Walt
6,391 Posts
Nice color...

Any clearance issues with the fork and the downtube, like the '06's had?

·
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
waltaz said:
Nice color...

Any clearance issues with the fork and the downtube, like the '06's had?
My Reba SL just has the manual knob for lockout and no floodgate adjuster. I've got tons of room... I think the PopLoc would fit just fine as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts