Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just moved to Denver over a month ago from Ohio. Always wanted to move out west and be able to Mnt. bike and Snowboard and Denver was the perfect fit.
I just picked up a 09 Remedy 8 yesterday at the Wheat Ridge Demo sale and I am pumped to get out and ride. I have been riding a hardtail back in Ohio on singe tracks for a few years now, and am itching to hit the mountains here.

I have been watching the post now for a couple weeks about trail conditions and it looks like this week should be a decent week to get out and test my bike. If there are any groups here in Denver that are getting together this week I would appreciate it if I could join up and learn the trails and make some new friends. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Jakes,
There is another post about being in contact with groups, I go out with the LMB(lakewood mnt bike) group on meetup. fun group and all riding abilities. I ride alot for fun but i am not fast or in the best shape but I continue to plug at it. Would mind riding through the week if you want to go out. just PM me.

·
t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
4,767 Posts
As always check out the t.i.t.s. threads for some night riding fun- have demo lights available to loan out- mostly Green Mountain in the winter months and other places in the warmer months- buff creek is always a favorite.

Look us up welcome to denver!:thumbsup:

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
More info on the t.i.t.s. rides: we meet at 6pm at Ironworks Brewery, its off Almeda on the east side of Green Mountain behind a McDonald's.

Some of these single speed nut jobs are pretty fast. But they wait for us geared slackers every time.

·
"Oldfart from Wayback"
1,683 Posts
IndecentExposure said:
Right before they allowed fart knockers from Michigan, Nebraska and Kansas. :)
So how long do you have live here to become a "local" ?

I moved to Ft. Collins in '73 from the IL/WI border and was riding the trails as soon as I got here :thumbsup:

Of course HTMP was still a 15 yrs away pipedream but I never saw another MTB'r in Lory for years.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Yo, we got some Ohioans on this board? What part are you from? I'm from Cleveland area myself. 2.5 years out. Only thing I miss is Ray's. :p I know what it's like moving way out west and not knowing anybody. Send me a PM, we'll ride sometime! Cheers.

-B

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the comments..except the one about letting in the ohioans :nono: haha. Ya Rays was a great place..but I guess the mountains more than make up for it here. I am from the Cleveland area as well.
I wouldn't mind getting some people together this weekend for a ride any one interested on sat.?

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
onbelaydave said:
I don't think it ever happens. At least I'm from WI and not TX or CA.

I make fun of the "natives" anyway. I've got a friend who was born here, rides a HT 29er AND teles. But I still hang out with him.;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'll add to the fishing trip. I lived in Toledo and Dayton b/f transplanting to FTC, sneaking thru the open door (quick - shut it!). Finding decent riding was tough back in Ohio - I usually went to Island Lake State Park in Michigan, which had good rolling single track. But nothing compared to the numerous trails within 10 minutes of my house in FTC!

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
onbelaydave said:

I moved to Ft. Collins in '73 from the IL/WI border and was riding the trails as soon as I got here :thumbsup:

Of course HTMP was still a 15 yrs away pipedream but I never saw another MTB'r in Lory for years.
I'm a "local" wherever I go (saw that on a tee shirt in Telluride). :cool:

G

·
Ray's is much better than the mountains here, you will be very dissapointed. I hope you didn't sell your place in Ohio yet:p !! :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.