Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.

I have just come to Montreal due to a new job and I am going to live here for a couple of months. So far I love this city especially because the weather has been really nice. Anyway, the good weather made me feel like getting out to do something for my health and body.:p

I am planning on buying a Mountain Bike (used or brand new). Can anyone recommend a shop in Montreal?

I was also wondering if there is some kind of bicycle club I can join.

Looking forward to your response and maybe meeting some of the Montreal bikers. :thumbsup:

Cheers
Pascal

·
IMBA Canada
844 Posts
Hey there! For some reason, this question always pops up... but there isn't much people from Quebec here... because there are so many good forums about mountain biking in Quebec.

There is lots of info about Quebec riding on the web:

If you want to know where to find lots of trails, we worked real hard on this "Interactive trail directory" that you can find on AllezY.net. There is tons of riding mainly in Quebec and Vermont... but we do have a couple of places listed in Ontario, New York and New Hampshire.
http://www.allezy.net/rep_sentiers/

If you're just starting out, the best way to learn is to join a club like VeloEpic ( www.ClubVeloEpic.org ) and come for a ride! Everything is available on our forum! We post rides every weekend... As soon as you see a beguinner ride, don't be affraid to join in and give it a try!

Also, you need to know who to look at as you local trail advocacy group. In the province, the IMBA affiliate is known as "L'Association pour le Développement des Sentiers de Vélo de Montagne du Québec" ( www.ADSVMQ.org ). On our website, you can learn about local trail issues, our trail projects and when we're hosting trail care days in your area.

Hopefully we'll see you around!

www.AllezY.net -- Trail directory
www.ClubVeloEpic.org -- Your local bike club
www.ADSVMQ.org -- Trail advocacy group

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
BigJay said:
Hey there! For some reason, this question always pops up...
And you always pop by and answer the question well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try these shops:

It sounds like this will be your first mountain bike. I'd suggest going to a shop that caters to all styles and budgets in that case:
In Montreal, I've always gotten sound, no pressure advice from the folks at Le Yeti on boulvard St Laurent.
I can also recommend LaCordee; though not renown for their mountain bike expertise (questionable tune-ups), they do have excellent after sales policies. They bit the bullet and replaced my failed Tomac frame:madmax: with a Devinci after Tomac went bankrupt. Not too many LBS would have done that, and certainly none of the online stores (but that's another thread for some other day...).

·
Registered
17 Posts
About buying your first MTB, it'd be good to check and research online first and then go to shops.

I've had very good service with ABC in Parc but my gf wrote them asking for some park tools and prices and she's still waiting for an answer. So ymmv. I've also had very good service and better prices, particularly with cannondale stuff, with Bicyclettes Montreal-Nord.

It really depends on what you are looking for.

So many nice bikes, so little time...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.