Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Evil Offering V2 SRAM X01 build Large frame. Rock Shock suspension package it is Wasabi in color. It is brand new never ridden still in the box. I will be moving and will not be able to ride it. I am also including the Invisiframe protection film kit Paid $135

Asking $8200 I am taking a loss at this price
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Land vehicle
Wood Shipping box Automotive design Floor Flooring

·
Registered
Talentless dirt-roadie
744 Posts
Asking $8200 I am taking a loss at this price
So is whomever buys it, with no transferrable warranty:

1. WHO MAY USE THIS WARRANTY?

Evil Bikes LLC located at address 700 Harris Avenue, Bellingham, WA 98225 USA ("we" or “us” or “Evil”) extend this limited warranty only to the consumer who originally purchased the product directly from us or from our authorized dealer ("you"). It does not extend to any subsequent owner or other transferee of the product.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not registered or owner identified, so not sure what Evils warranty is other than lifetime on the frame. I dont see why it would be different. I just got this from the distributor yesterday

·
Registered
303 Posts
Its not registered or owner identified, so not sure what Evils warranty is other than lifetime on the frame. I dont see why it would be different. I just got this from the distributor yesterday
You'd be doing yourself and any potential buyer a solid if you figured that out and got documentation to convey with the bike at time of sale.

Otherwise, can you imagine the brain damage someone will potentially have to go through starting with that first phone call or email re a warranty issue?

"I'm sorry sir, our records and the records of our distributor indicate this sick ride was purchased by and sent to a Mr. R. Saltzmann, not to a Mr. Buster Hyman. I wish I could help you, but I can't."

·
Registered
169 Posts
You would be the owner on record. The bike shop records the bikes serial number and ties it to a person when the bike is sold. Whether they provide it back to evil or not is a different story. Your sales receipt should have the details of the sale, including the serial.

Evil only warranties’ the original purchaser of the bike. See link below.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You would be the owner on record. The bike shop records the bikes serial number and ties it to a person when the bike is sold. Whether they provide it back to evil or not is a different story. Your sales receipt should have the details of the sale, including the serial.

Evil only warranties’ the original purchaser of the bike. See link below.

Are you planning on buying it? I have the registration paperwork. If your not interested in buying go and troll someone else post and quit wasting my time and casting your opinions. Unless you represent EVIL you dont know ****. so step off.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Are you trying to scam someone? If not, what is wrong with honest dialogue? I assume your intent is good. My intent is good.

I do know what I am talking about as I managed a bike shop for many years. Bike shops have relationships with bike reps, bike reps require this paperwork When a bike is sold.

Sorry if you feel this puts you at a loss, ask what you think it is worth and see if you can find a buyer, you probably will, it is a hot bike and not many available.

GLWS.

·
Disgruntled Peccary
2,711 Posts
Yep, five posts.. all in the same for sale thread. Smells fishy. Getting bitchy about it, doesn't help

·
Registered
211 Posts
If your not interested in buying go and troll someone else post and quit wasting my time and casting your opinions. Unless you represent EVIL you dont know ****. so step off.
Interesting sales approach there. I think you are the original owner as stated above by @billb0872. Online sales are linked to the person who paid them - that's you.

Getting bitchy about it, doesn't help
100% agree. this is a forum and posts are open for discussion. being rude isn't going to attract buyers or increase their trust in you. just saying.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts