Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been following alpinibis paint design and as with everyone waiting for the final results. I too just got my ibis mojo sl and want to 'personalize" it but I just don't have the time or budget to do full paint job so I'm looking at a vinyl design...sort of a skin or screen design with vinyl. May want to change it in a couple years so this way I can just take it off and redo another design.

I will use matte white color and probably outline it in the grey/silver that is on the original decals also.

If anyone knows of a company that sells nice durable uv vinyl online let me know..

Here are some rough ideas/designs so let me know what you think. Its hard to get a great look at the bike just from the side since many of the decals will be on the top of the top tube, etc. So use some imagination also when looking..

so here goes and again..I have tough skin so if you think it blows then tell me!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
No offense but I think every single one of those designs looks terrible, good thing about the vinyl though is you can just peel it right off though, right?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I've worked with alot of decals/vinyl & getting that stuff to stay stuck around the headtube to top tube & headtube to down tube is going to be a big challenge.The other issue is if you found some vinyl with really strong glue & then wanted to remove it down the road,it will certainly lift the rubberized clear coat off the frame even if you heat it up before removing.You can get away removing Frameskin or clear tape by heating it up, but you are going to need something with a stronger glue than those products.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just swarming over my mind Ibis Mojo supposedly by its original decals design speaks who and why called Mojo however, someone's identity can also be considered. here are my idea if can be hand painted neatly/proportionately with barbed wire design hand painted spirally all over the tubes probably it would be a rock!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.