Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would think they would want to utilize the factory where they manufactured the Ripley. Getting in to other carbon manufacturing would be a logical move. I think we will see Ibis branded wheels (rims) soon if not this Monday. Seems like a natural progression that most companies follow.

·
aka dan51
6,022 Posts
I was out on a ride this morning and came across an ibis employee on a ride. He seemed pretty stoked on what is being released Monday. My friend asked if it's a bike, and he insisted on not spilling any beans and used the word "product". So it could be anything.

Some guys would love to know more about what was between his legs though... ;)

·
Registered
15,009 Posts
That would be a pretty solid guess too.
If they can give the HDR 150mm travel and a 13.6" bb, are the haters still going to cry foul and ask when we'll see "a real 650b Ibis"?
A 150mm HDR w/ 13.6" BB and clearance for 2.4" tires available stock from Ibis? No I'd call that the real Ibis 650B folks have been asking for. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sv: New ibis coming Monday!

I don't think a limbo chip could do it. If they released new upper and lower links they could probably shift the rear triangle enough to make it happen.
You don't think? I'm thinking the new limbo would put the shock a few mm further back. I don't have a 650b wheel to try with but with my 26" HD it looks like it would only need to be shifted back about 2-3 mm.

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
You don't think? I'm thinking the new limbo would put the shock a few mm further back. I don't have a 650b wheel to try with but with my 26" HD it looks like it would only need to be shifted back about 2-3 mm.
No, it won't work without updated linkage or a modified frame. This topic has been discussed and tested many times here and in the 650b forum. You just cannot have all three of good rear 650b tire clearance, long travel and low BB with the current HDR frames.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.