Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
a tight kick sound
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eekster:
Holy craps Cove is comin out with some great new frames. I have seen a bit about the std
but only very recently seen the new hustler
:eekster:
The old hustler was an awesome bike and sooo much fun to ride in many situations.
Anyway, anyone got any info on these things? Availability, geo, prices...why neither of these frames have iscg mounts?

Couple of pics from PBike.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
It is bloody hot here. Run camel back plus a bottle for when the camel runs out to get me home. Also I mount my mini pump on there.

Also in endurance races, I like to run pump and bottle with tube taped under seat so no camelback.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dang, they did it! I just sent a mail to Cove, asking them to make a scaled-down version of the STD for trail/all mountain, because I feel my STD pedals so well.

Seems like they had it up their sleeves!

Now I must have a Hustler too..........

·
local trails rider
12,294 Posts
According to http://www.bikeradar.com

"Cove still haven't decided on the name of their new bike yet and this proto had a different sticker on each side. It will have a lightweight 6in-ish frame based around the STD linkage though. One version will be lighter, steeper and air sprung, the other slacker and coil sprung. We can't wait!"

·
Registered
347 Posts
perttime said:
According to http://www.bikeradar.com

"Cove still haven't decided on the name of their new bike yet and this proto had a different sticker on each side. It will have a lightweight 6in-ish frame based around the STD linkage though. One version will be lighter, steeper and air sprung, the other slacker and coil sprung. We can't wait!"
Sounds like two new frames ala the devinci hectik/frantik.

Sooooo....does that mean the Hustler and the G-Spot will be replaced with these things? From the quote, it sounds like they just slapped the Hustler sticker on it for now. I can't find any real ibike info on Cove.

·
a tight kick sound
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just awesome!!
I would love to see the frame be the same for 5 and 6 inches.
Have an adjustable front shock mount and maybe a rear linkage change or two holes for different travel. This little bike has some serious potential!!

I would love to see cove go to the greasable bushing system too...one can only ask for soo much at once I guess though :)

Nice stuff, keep it comin if ya got it.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Bone-Air

When I got my December issue of mbr magazine in England it had a small article about the new cove which they say the owner of cove bikes, Chaz Romalis, was very keen to call the new bike the Bone-Air. They say there will be 2 models, one with 6in of air sprung suspension and lighter tubeset, and the second will be coil sprung, 6.5in suspension and a heavy duty tubeset. They also say their first ride will be in next months issue.

*They finally say Chaz Romalis likes the way "BoneAir" sounds French.:D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.