Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
That has to be the cleanest looking vehicle I've ever seen. Although I'm still waiting on the 65 Corvette my co-worker is restoring to "showroom" quality.

-Derek

·
Medium?
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
morganfletcher said:
Nice, Eddy. Button it up!

Are there cotter pins on the shock castle nuts?
It's on the shakedown cruise to work today. All is well. I've got to drill one more hole in the flange for the driveshaft. It's an exhausting ***** of a job. I should've done it before I put it together, but I had an idea they mated up. The controller needs some crimp-on connectors and it will go in tonight too.

Tomorrow would be a good time to return your tools unless you'll be up in Downieville.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Cool!

Fast Eddy said:
I've got to work on my bike some later.

The astute reader may notice the electric actuator at the diff.
You think you can make Packer's Saddle in that thing... in the dry, snowless conditions? :p

Nah, nice work, Eddy! I'm hoping you can take me rock crawling in that thing someday. I'll buy the beerz.

·
bicycle rider
2,718 Posts
Fast Eddy said:
It's on the shakedown cruise to work today. All is well. I've got to drill one more hole in the flange for the driveshaft. It's an exhausting ***** of a job. I should've done it before I put it together, but I had an idea they mated up. The controller needs some crimp-on connectors and it will go in tonight too.

Tomorrow would be a good time to return your tools unless you'll be up in Downieville.
I'll be in Downieville, but if you feel like coming to the Land of Oak, that's cool too. Doing a night ride tomorrow night, at work all day.

Saw a couple nice 40s in Downieville and Sierra City last weekend.

Morgan

·
bicycle rider
2,718 Posts
JMac47 said:
My bro has several LC's, what's the actuator for again?For the disc setup or some type of part time 4wd switch? :confused:
It's an electrically-actuated locking differential; push-button traction. It's a retrofit of a 1990s Land Cruiser differential into a 1970s axle housing. Locking diffs are love on the trail, and open diffs are nice on the road. Using stock Toyota parts to do it all is cool.

Morgan

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
Schooled!

morganfletcher said:
It's an electrically-actuated locking differential; push-button traction. It's a retrofit of a 1990s Land Cruiser differential into a 1970s axle housing. Locking diffs are love on the trail, and open diffs are nice on the road. Using stock Toyota parts to do it all is cool.

Morgan
Hey Morgan,

Figured something along those lines. Wonder if I had one on my fj62 :confused: I should have asked my bro (whom you know btw) first.

·
bicycle rider
2,718 Posts
Nah, no US FJ62 had 'em, but some Japanese J6's had cable-actuated diff lockers! Hen's teeth.

Who's your bro?

I'm one of those one-hobby guys. Got into cruisers for a little while but came back to bikes. Just can't do both right now.

My FJ55 will one day rise again...

Morgan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.