Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just recently bought a Kona Hoss. I like the bike except I think I'm having front fork trouble. Every ride I need to pump up the front fork with air and it will not last the whole ride.I am just getting back to riding after a looong break so my rides are short. This is going to be a real pain when I really start doing some distance.

Do you think the fork is defective? Or because of my weight (335) should I get a better fork? What fork do you recomend? Possibly something with a lockout?

Thanks all.

I also posted this on the Clydes forum, so sorry for the repeat, just wanted to cover both bases and get some sound advice.

·
solid gold plated
878 Posts
from memory i remember those bikes being stocked with peice of crap dirt jumper forks, a better bet might be something like a reba or pike, depending on how rough riding you do.

·
person
684 Posts
It boggles my mind why they'd put such a fork on those bikes. The dirt jumper on my buddies Hoss is waaay to soft for even me, and those things were built for heavy riders. I'd swap it out for a Revelation or Pike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.