Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
No. Just No.
5,386 Posts
rm_racer said:
what about dirt and grime gettng into those cavity/hole things?
OMG, the thought of dirt or grime getting on my mountain bike is horrifying to say the least. :rolleyes:

·
No. Just No.
5,386 Posts
NOVA4X said:
Some people like having their bearings work...
Yes, I'm sure Hope has drilled the holes leading directly into the innards of the bearings. :rolleyes:

Or then again, upon super scientific visual inspection it looks as if they don't lead anywhere but to the outside of the hub shell. Go figure.

·
Double-metric mtb man
4,482 Posts
Hope has some sweet looking stuff...eye candy on par with other big names.

My biggest question before I make the jump to something like that is how well they stand up. I would assume that from the UK, they must take the muck pretty well, but I haven't seen a lot other than skewers, seatpost clamps and spacers (there are the occasional brake sets behind glass at the LBS).

Sorry to hijack the thread momentarily, but how do Hope headsets and hubs stack up against offerings from Chris King?

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Psycho Mike said:
Hope has some sweet looking stuff...eye candy on par with other big names.

My biggest question before I make the jump to something like that is how well they stand up. I would assume that from the UK, they must take the muck pretty well, but I haven't seen a lot other than skewers, seatpost clamps and spacers (there are the occasional brake sets behind glass at the LBS).

Sorry to hijack the thread momentarily, but how do Hope headsets and hubs stack up against offerings from Chris King?
I have Hope Pro 2 hubs, and they are great... I haven't had any CKs so I can"t compare them directly... but I do know that Larry (Ventanarama) and shiggy have recommended them as a good mid price hub (mid price when compared to CK and I9)

I am already thinking abut a set of these Pro 3s for my SS... it doesn't hurt that they look awesome either...

·
Registered
171 Posts
the xc hub will be fazed out eventually its been around for ages. it is a great hub ive had them run for years with no maintenance and there strong for there weight.

the pro 11s are hopes next generation of hubs and are supposed to be better than an allready great hub they are replacing.

they can be used from xc to down hill.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.