Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Code Burr
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just talked to Phil @ Hope and the new Pro2 hubs will be here next week.
They are only getting black at first but the other colors will slowly come over.
I'm putting in an order tomorrow, if anyone is jonesing let me know.
t

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Let us know the "official" weight...

once you get a set in.

KMan

thebronze said:
Just talked to Phil @ Hope and the new Pro2 hubs will be here next week.
They are only getting black at first but the other colors will slowly come over.
I'm putting in an order tomorrow, if anyone is jonesing let me know.
t

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I was just looking at those on Chain Reaction Cycles' website. They already have all colours in 32 hole available.

What does the pawls/freehub mechanism look like? I heard that they switched to a single wire snap ring spring to hold the pawls in place instead of the small coil springs in there current hubs. Anyone know if this is true?

·
Code Burr
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GearHead said:
I was just looking at those on Chain Reaction Cycles' website. They already have all colours in 32 hole available.

What does the pawls/freehub mechanism look like? I heard that they switched to a single wire snap ring spring to hold the pawls in place instead of the small coil springs in there current hubs. Anyone know if this is true?
The insides looks similar to Hadleys setup.
Where the pawl broach/retainer/snap ring also acts as the spring.
I would say they are copying Hadley, but the original design came from Profile I believe.

So yes no more loose springs that go flying when you pull out the freehub!
I think there is some initial drag untill the spring gets worn in.
But those of us on Kings have been dealing with drag for the first 2 years anyways.

I dont think the trials version with more engagement points is ready yet.

I'll take some pics as soon as they get here.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
thebronze said:
I would say they are copying Hadley, but the original design came from Profile I believe.

So yes no more loose springs that go flying when you pull out the freehub!
I think there is some initial drag untill the spring gets worn in.
But those of us on Kings have been dealing with drag for the first 2 years anyways.

I dont think the trials version with more engagement points is ready yet.

I'll take some pics as soon as they get here.
Cost compared to current XC and Bulbs?

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
thebronze said:
I would say they are copying Hadley, but the original design came from Profile I believe...
That basic design has been used in screw-on freewheels for many, many years.

·
NoTubes.com
600 Posts
westin said:
Cost compared to current XC and Bulbs?
Supposed to be the same price as Bulbs. Chain Reaction in the UK is selling them for a little less than what they sell the Bulbs for.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
The sales guy at Jenson said they will be around $70 and $150 for the front and rear respectively. So, they should be slightly less than the Bulb's but more than XC's.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
GearHead said:
The sales guy at Jenson said they will be around $70 and $150 for the front and rear respectively. So, they should be slightly less than the Bulb's but more than XC's.
So a good combo would be the xc front and new rear hub for the price conscious rider?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
westin said:
So a good combo would be the xc front and new rear hub for the price conscious rider?
It really would seem so being the price difference and only a 15g weight savings. They look nearly the same too.

Hope XC

Hope Pro II

1 - 11 of 11 Posts