·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The build:

Med polished Turner Highline frame setup with DHX Air
Fox 36 Talas
Sun SUV wheels
Maxxis 2.1" swapthing up front (custom cut center knobs)
Maxxis 2.1" medusa in rear
El Camino's w8" rotors FR/RR
King Headset
Diabolous stem
Easton Monkey bars
Intense grips
Saint cranks/ BB
Saint 07 prototype (believe to be) RR shifter
Saint RR derailure
MRP chain guide/bashring
Shimano chain/cassette (11-27t)
Crappy Haro pedals
SDG ibeam seatpost, ifly seat

Weight- Feels like mid 30's, need to get it on a scale

Attachments

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Changes that are coming asap:
Dual ring setup with E-13 DRS, xt shifter/derailure
Atom lab 35mm stem
Bar swap to higher rise
Pedals- prob Atom lab or Crankbros
Tires- Kenda Blue Groove 2.5 FR/ 2.3 RR

Only just a short ride in yesterday after putting it together, been raining like crazy here. Hope to get some good ride time in and impressions posted soon!

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
intheways said:
Sick! Skinny tires? Are you planning on doing some trailriding on it?
Here in NC a lot of the best DH is preceeded or followed by a pretty long climb but even then I'm not going to leave the skinny tires on. From my short impression riding around yesterday in the yard it seems that epic rides would be possible with the light tires and small ring though so I'll just keep 'em on hand and run Blue Grooves the rest of the time.

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heals120 said:
Sweet bike man, hows the DHX?
Well, I haven' had much time on it yet but so far it feels good. I set the sag and hit a small drop (about 3' with a good bit of momentum) and then loaded the bike in the bed of my 4wd Titan pickup and dropped from the tailgate, so pretty much a trialsy (sp?) no momentum drop to flat (measured 38" drop), and just rode around a bit in the yard. First impressions are that it's more small bump compliant than I would have expected and that it feels as good as any coil shock I've ridden. I did blow through the travel on the drop out of the pickup but I've not messed with the bottom out control adjustment yet, I suppose a bit of tuning there and it'll be good to go. Can't wait to get it out on some bigger jumps and drops and see how it feels.

·
Registered
528 Posts
that looks the biz, just get the rear mech cable moved. almost certain to get that with your heel, i used a avid rollamajig and the routing turner puts in on top of the chainstay it works a treat. if your worried about the chain slapping on the cable outer sleeve it with some fuel line (from motorbike shop) and then zip tie it up.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
545cu4ch said:
Are you the same guy who posted a new Nicolai Helius like a week ago?? :eekster:
Edit: AND a Mountain Cycle Rumble??
beat me too it, how many bikes do you have and how to you aquire them (scam?)

jk...good job and you got yourself a couple of very nice steeds:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.