Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
didnt see an intro forum...new to the site, but have been riding most of my life... took a couple year break and now getting back into it... my friend told me to check this site out... i live in chicago area, here is what i ride...

Ibis hardtail Alum. frame. Full XTR compents. mavic X517 rims, shimano 747 pedals, Thompson seat post, salsa brake booster, Ti-tec hand bars, icon stem, chris king headset, Rockshox Judy XC fork

look forward to chatting with everyone

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,809 Posts
xtr ibis said:
didnt see an intro forum...new to the site, but have been riding most of my life... took a couple year break and now getting back into it... my friend told me to check this site out... i live in chicago area, here is what i ride...

Ibis hardtail Alum. frame. Full XTR compents. mavic X517 rims, shimano 747 pedals, Thompson seat post, salsa brake booster, Ti-tec hand bars, icon stem, chris king headset, Rockshox Judy XC fork

Welcome aboard! One thing you may want to consider is your online name. Your bike eventually wears out and you get another bike. Possible another brand a few years down the road. And then you are like wait a minute now I have to change my online name. If you make your handle something other than the name of the bike you are currently riding then you will be better off later on. Just my opinion on handles that are named after the current bike being ridden. I am sure there are quite a few people on here that could vouch for running into this issue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DIRTJUNKIE said:
Welcome aboard! One thing you may want to conceder is your online name. Your bike eventually wears out and you get another bike. Possible another brand a few years down the road. And then you are like wait a minute now I have to change my online name. If you make your handle something other than the name of the bike you are currently riding then you will be better off later on. Just my opinion on handles that are named after the current bike being ridden. I am sure there are quite a few people on here that could vouch for running into this issue.
i know what u mean, my screen name on most other boards is still fastfocus, but i havent had my focus in 2 years, i dont really care, and i have had this bike for long time and dont ever plan on getting rid of it, i built this bike, its staying with me

·
45,809 Posts
xtr ibis said:
i know what u mean, my screen name on most other boards is still fastfocus, but i havent had my focus in 2 years, i dont really care, and i have had this bike for long time and dont ever plan on getting rid of it, i built this bike, its staying with me
Damn, actually that was my way of stealing your handle.;)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
xtr ibis said:

Well, I guess you don't need to go to the beginner forum and ask everybody to identify "the best hardtail for under $500." That seems to be the way a significant percentage of new members introduce themselves.

Make sure to scroll all the way down the forums list. There should be an Ibis forum. It took me way too long, but I also finally figured out there is a separate beer forum. The Passion forum typically has nice pics on a regular basis, especially for you in winter when you are trying to get through a Chicago winter.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
DIRTJUNKIE said:
Welcome aboard! One thing you may want to conceder is your online name.
I agree with this (except for the p!ss-poor spelling of 'consider'). I ride a Specialized and a Zion.

Welcome to the site!

fp <------------ formerly Cdale. :p

·
45,809 Posts
Finch Platte said:
I agree with this (except for the p!ss-poor spelling of 'consider'). I ride a Specialized and a Zion.

Welcome to the site!

fp <------------ formerly Cdale. :p
Point taken, and how long did you hold on to the Cdale name after moving into a different brand of bike?

·
45,809 Posts
Finch Platte said:
Boy, you got me. That was a loooong time ago. :cool:

fp
And what's funny is I remember your old handle but never realized that Finch Platte and Cdale were one in the same. It kind of makes you wonder how many people have changed their handle due to this very reason.

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
xtr ibis said:
Yup, back in the day I called myself HuffyHucker...until the 4th time I hucked and it broke in half and I chucked it in the bonfire and got a real bike;)

See you out at Palos some time, I'll look for a decked out Ibis...I'm usually on red Heckler (Huckler?). If you're on the S. Side you might want to check out Imagination Glen in Portage IN, It's been in pretty good shape lately. ( www.outbacktrail.org )

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ricko said:
Yup, back in the day I called myself HuffyHucker...until the 4th time I hucked and it broke in half and I chucked it in the bonfire and got a real bike;)

See you out at Palos some time, I'll look for a decked out Ibis...I'm usually on red Heckler (Huckler?). If you're on the S. Side you might want to check out Imagination Glen in Portage IN, It's been in pretty good shape lately. ( www.outbacktrail.org )
i have heard of trails out in palos but no clue where they are... could you give me some directions? or an address or something. thanks.. maybe we can meet up and hit the trails

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gatorback said:
Well, I guess you don't need to go to the beginner forum and ask everybody to identify "the best hardtail for under $500." That seems to be the way a significant percentage of new members introduce themselves.

Make sure to scroll all the way down the forums list. There should be an Ibis forum. It took me way too long, but I also finally figured out there is a separate beer forum. The Passion forum typically has nice pics on a regular basis, especially for you in winter when you are trying to get through a Chicago winter.
yea i am no newb to bikes, just never got on the message boards for it..i saw the ibis forum... but every post is about the mojo and i dont have one of those, actually i dont remember what mine is called, i bought one of the last alum. hardtail frames they made

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i not changing my name, once i pick one, i stick with it... bike is staying with me as well but if i ever got rid of it, and its a big if, name will stay, doesnt bother me

G

·
welcome! i ride an ibis alibi as well, vintage 1998 in "eddy orange".

mine is all XT, though.

the one i sold was all XTR but i kept the parts for my dualie.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mikeb said:
welcome! i ride an ibis alibi as well, vintage 1998 in "eddy orange".

mine is all XT, though.

the one i sold was all XTR but i kept the parts for my dualie.
nice... do you have a pic of it? is that what my frame is called? i honestly dont know, when i bought the frame i never asked and didnt really care at the time, now i been trying to figure it out lol... mine is dark green

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
xtr ibis said:
i have heard of trails out in palos but no clue where they are... could you give me some directions? or an address or something. thanks.. maybe we can meet up and hit the trails
Where are you in the Cgo area? Private message me let me know and I'll get you some directions there, the general area is 95th and Wolf Road. I hope to get out there at 9am on Friday if the weather behaves itself this week.

There's directions to the parking areas on this page... http://cambr.org/SMF/index.php?topic=359.0 ...from the cambr.org (Chicago Area Mountain Bikers) website, I usually park at the Pulaski Woods staging area lot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.