Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Ok....my sister gave me a bike last year. A Diamondback Ascent. Well, I moved to a different area that is much hillier than where I used to live and have started riding this bike alot. I don't know a damn thing about bikes and have no idea how old or anything this bike is. Can someone help me out with identifying marks or serial numbers so I can figure out what I have here? I am curious because this bike makes riding up hills easier than I evee thought would have been possible and want to know as much as possible about the bike.

I would post pictures but my digicamera kicked the bucket on me.

Can anyone help me out here?

· Registered
426 Posts
try.....

Try asking your sister?

If it was hers then she should know where it cam from and when it was purchased..

If not try a diamonback dealer, or emailing them

Use a google search and look on the website....

The other idea is to use the reviews section on mtbr and look to see if the bike has reviews.
http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Bike/product_18090.shtml

I would say it is most likely pre 2000.

So if you get into riding a lot and really enjoy it i'd suggest upgrading you'd really be amazed if you hopped on a more modern bike.

Your gonna have to do your own footwork.

Anyways,
Welcome, and you'll find that mountian biking is very addicting.
There's a great community here and in the real world riding bikes.

Cheers,
john

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Asked my sister and she bought it without even checking what she was buying. She does that alot. Haven't checked with a dealer yet but will. Also, when I searched the net I ended up with reviews and whatnot but no real information and the Diamondback website wasn't much help. Anyway, I know I will be enjoying the biking and yes, will most certainly end up looking at newer bikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.