Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I just started mt. bking last June . I've been having a great time and love it . I don't know much about it , I just get on and ride . I have a lot to learn and hope I can get some of my questions answered here ( my husband doesn't seem to have answers about women specific biking questions ) :)

Valerie

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
welcome!!! :D:)
this is a great group for answerst to girl-specific issues! :thumbsup:
and don't forget about the search function! :D

:rockon:

·
I just wanna ride my bike
845 Posts
Hello from north of the 49th parallel! :)

Welcome aboard! There are lots of great people on this forum - you will learn a lot about mtn biking here (and about non-mtn biking stuff, too).

Look forward to seeing some ride pics. Is there a lot of riding around Reno?

Cheers!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome

There is endless riding here . We are very lucky and most of Nevada is open space and a good bit of it is BLM . I live on the edge of BLM and could ride from my front gate to Oregon without crossing pavement . I have ridden horses all my life and spent countless hours on our trails here . Last June for no real reason I started riding bikes with my husband . He's been a cyclist for 30+ years started as a road biker .

We mostly ride from our house and have a series of trails we ride on ( many I ride my horses on too ) . They are mixed jeep trails , single track and game trails . I have only ridden one trail up at Lake Tahoe and that was the Flume Trail . I'm hoping to ride more of the trails up there this summer .

I'm not sure how to post pictures here but when I do I'll post the few I have . Thanks for the warm welcome

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi there and welcome. I am Marnie from Elko, NV. I love riding around Reno.. we were there a week ago for snowshoeing in Tahoe and mtn biking at Peavine. Love it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.