Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
sweet!
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking at replacing my old headset, and I've come accross a deal on a Woodman (insert Beavis and Butthead laugh here) Axis SL Comp headset, they look quality, light weight, sealed cartridge bearings, low price ($30.00), and are available in red! :thumbsup:
However I know nothing else about them, aside from what I've read on their web site (marketing hype??), and they are not even listed in the reviews section at mtbr.com.
Has anyone ever used them?...Are they any good, or should I look elsewhere?

BTW here is a link to there web site http://www.woodmancomponents.com/catalog/categorie.php?cat=Hea&lang=en&art=Hea22

Thanx and Cheers

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
A while back I was checking these headsets out for the color choices they offered. The only reason i shied away was because it lacked a compression ring on the upper bearing. In the $30 range of headsets I prefer Cane Creek S-3s.

·
sweet!
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bigpedaler said:
Woodman has a good rep for quality, just don't have a lot of market share (or hype). I say go for it.
I think I will order one, for $30 you can't go wrong, I've seen some post in the weight weenie fourm, and I have found that Woodman has a cult like following for their seat post, and clamps. Did I mention that they are available in red? (they match my nipples) :thumbsup:

BTW in case you are wondering I ment spoke nipples.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.