Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the little banner on the right doesn't really do them justice and we don't have the website updated yet, here's a peek at the new colors! In stock and ready to ship now. 2 new SS colors and 1 new XC color.

Thought ya'll might like a little midweek eye candy!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Dude!!! I guess Baby Blue the color for 08. I just sent my Monocog 29er to the powder coater to get Baby Blued.

RIDIN'MO said:
That blue is a rip-off of GF Ferrous....still love it though!!

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Nice colors!

As I stated in the Section 29 IBEX thread, baby blue, or whatever you want to call it, is now THE official 29"er color, supplanting the long in the tooth green hues we have had since the Monkey hit the scene in '03. :D

Question for Jill: Still doing framesets? If so, what colors?

Can't wait to see these in person. My Humboldt Green XC frame was far better looking in the flesh than the photo shows here. Got a ton of comments on it.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks GT!

No framesets this year. Frames have historically been slow sellers for us. We pride ourselves with offering great value, so most people just end up buying a complete bike and trade out the parts they don't want.

The main reason I chose Humboldt Green as a SS color this year comes straight from the bike buying public. We got so many questions about whether the SS was available in the green, why not just give the people what they want? It is a cool color.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Really, I didn't know that- COOL!!
Any chance the XC will be availoable in the blue?? I really like that....
Allthogh the tangerine is pretty cool- would like to see it in person.

·
Registered
460 Posts
downhilljill said:
The main reason I chose Humboldt Green as a SS color this year comes straight from the bike buying public. We got so many questions about whether the SS was available in the green, why not just give the people what they want? It is a cool color.
That's a downright progressive way of doing business.

Bravo!

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
the Mary XC just got a good review in the latest edition of MBA magazine.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I like the blue. Had my frame painted that color last year. Reminds me of the old VW Bug that used to be in my family back in the days.

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
downhilljill said:
MSRP on the XC is about $1500, the SS is $925.
that makes the XC a great value - the cost of a Reba, rear D, front D and cassette would be more than $575.

·
likes to ride bikes
212 Posts
The new colors are HAWT!!! I think this may have to be the year I get a Mary. Now I just have to decide whether to get the XC, or sack up and go with the SS!!!

Buy the way, are those Nevagals on there? If so, nice!!!

Strange, just noticed that the Haro site isn't updated yet with the new Mary colors/specs. Are the component specs the same as last year?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts