Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking at hardtails and I can't decide between the Orange Crush and the Santa Cruz Chameleon. What are the best and worst parts of the bikes? What would you get? Has anyone ridden both bikes?
Thanks!

I just started reading about the Banshee Scirocco. Sounds pretty cool? Know anything about that?

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
I have an older model Scirocco and it is a great frame: strong enough for most uses, not all that heavy. It is a stiff frame, although I hear the current seat stay design makes it a little more forgiving. Mine has a short fork, run stiff, but I think 130 or 140 mm travel would be very good for general trail use. You may have to look around to find a Scirocco now: Banshee has ideas for a replacement, so the Scirocco in its current form will no longer be produced.

The Chameleon should be very similar to the Scirocco.

I just looked at a comparison test that included the Crush and the Chameleon. They felt that the Crush was great pointed down the hill but climbing was a bit of a chore. The Chameleon, as tested, was more balanced between climbing and descending abilities.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.