Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just introducin myself here.. Been lurkin around the forums, reading up, but no actual posts until now. So I've recently jumped into the mountainbiking world, and I'm Addicted already!

Couple of my buddies at college have been ridin the trails around here, and just hearing them talk about it got me intrigued. In June, I went over to my LBS just to browse. I'd say no more than 2 days later it was purchase time! I picked up an 08' Raleigh Mojave 4.0 Hardtail in silver and I cant get enough of this thing. Perfect beginners' bike for the price if you ask me.

Anyways, here's where the story comes in. I had owned the bike for about 5 days, went out to the trails with the friends only once (which I loved by the way)... I go to grab my bike which I had locked up at a University building on the corner from my Apt.... and it was GONE :madmax:. 5 Days after I bought the bike, someone had stolen it!!

So, as you could imagine, I was pretty heartbroken and generally just pissed off. So it was time to play a little detective work... The only thing I had to go on was the hope that this criminal wasn't exactly a mastermind if you know what I mean. As it turns out, this idiot puts the bike up on Craigslist in the same exact town 2 days after he steals it! I have one of my riding buddies go over there to check it out, and he confirms that it is in fact mine (the serials matched). So, long story short, I call the cops, dude gets arrested, I get my bike back! :thumbsup:

Hell of a story, and it defintiely makes me appreciate the bike ever more than I originally had. You can bet I bought a heavy-duty U-Bar Lock, and currently its been staying in my apartment (when I can clean the majority of the mud off).

Mountain biking is great so far, I've been out to the trails a few times now and I cant get enough. The cardio/leg muscle aspect of it is kicking my ass a little bit, but I can already see improvements as Im pushin myself like crazy to keep up with my buds on some pretty tough trails. And the customizing has already begun.. I got a Great deal on some Crankbrothers 5050XX pedals to replace the junky plastic ones (I didnt go clipless because I'll be riding the bike around campus/town as well) so that should be fun.

Anyways, just saying hi, thought you guys/girls would appreciate my story. :thumbsup:

·
Hardtail Warrior
509 Posts
Nice story. A similar thing happened to me as I had my Specialized Hardrock for a couple of weeks before someone stole it from the train station. The problem is that I never got it back... Glad to hear you found yours though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.