Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First post here so hello everyone. I'm 55, and used to ride often in my 20s - 30s. Within the last year I've put the family on hybrids / MTB and finally bought one for myself. I picked up a barely used 2006 Hardrock Pro Disc at a local shop so I can at least keep my 13 year old in sight on the trails. Maybe. He's on a new GT after going through a few WalMart bikes. The Hardrock is my first MTB.

The bike has been slightly modified by the PO and has a third chainring, giving it some decent speed on the road and local rails-to-trails areas. First thing I'm doing to it is replacing brake pads (Avid BB5), then pulling the OEM Specialized tires for a set of Kenda hybrid road/knobbies.

The OEM tires are 26 x 2.2 and the Kendas are 26 x 1.95. Maybe sometime later this year I'll go into the Marzochhi MZ3 and see if there's anything that can be done to add more preload and damping.

I'm a big guy, 6'1" and 260, the bike is an XL frame which fits me perfectly. Hope to start dropping lbs as the year progresses.

DSCF1011.jpg

That's it for now, going riding.

Tobit

1 - 2 of 2 Posts