Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today these launched/ announced at Sea Otter .. for various reasons I have had a pair for a bit before the launch ..

Sizing anecdotally seems to run small I'm generally 10.5 US size needed 11 US in these Giant Shuttle Flats ... looks umm.. ~ok If I'm honest I like the 510 Freerider better..

sole.. grippy. nice.. grippy but not so grippy you can't reposition your feet as tends to be the case with my 510's .. From what I was told the soles are supposedly more durable than the 510's (but I haven't had them long enough to confirm this at all).

Fit / comfort.. It some ways they are better than the 510 (for me) and in others I prefer the 510's .. The Giant Shuttle Flats are more comfortable at the heal when walking around for me..(more padding less bike shoe like in this regard for myself) however.. they seem a bit narrower than the 510's which while isn't a deal breaker it is not ideal.. they are not too tight but they are slightly less wide in the toe area than I would like..

blah blah.. I don't remember the word the people that gave these to me used but while these aren't water proof per se.. supposedly they will dry quickly and shed most water that hits them .. (i will try to confirm this and update this later perhaps).

cost competitive with 510's @ $110
apparently they come in grey also and women's sizes.

pics::

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wore these out on another ride today.. comfort is good... I kinda of retract my toe box width complaint.. it is fine.. good even..(still not as wide as freerider's but it is ok.) I think I'm going to swap the laces.. I don't like the dot pattern on them or whatever..

here is the grey colorway btw and the word that describes the material "hydrophobic" apparently including shoe laces .. ok then..

grey.jpg

·
since 4/10/2009
31,957 Posts
Yeah, they look hot (I do prefer the gray color, though).

I'd really prefer a company who makes a flat pedal shoe that's more breathable and fast-drying for those of us who ride in warm, moist climates.

Water-repellent or hydrophobic or whatever you want to call it is only useful here for a couple months out of the year. After that, your feet steam after they get wet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts