Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed the new generation SRAM X9 equipment...total redesign...me likie. Curious if anyone knows when it will come out.

Related: anyone know when the '07 Fisher line will be out? A Paragon with new X9 might be tastey (assuming they corrected the seattube cracking).

Thnx.n

·
MTB Rider
3,007 Posts
X-9 := X-0 - carbon_fiber

rockhound said:
Pics of the new X-9 stuff appeared online in February of 2006...looks similar to X-0. I'll keep running what I have regardless.
The updated X-9 components are mostly just X-0 stuff with the carbon fiber removed as well as some snazzier features in some cases.

http://www.mtbr.com/spotlight/srammediacamp06/sram.shtml

SRAM is definitely kicking it up a notch for '07. But Shimano is going full blast with carbon and titanium in '07. SRAM will have to respond in '08 with titanium cassetes and carbon fiber chain rings with titanium teeth.

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
~martini~ said:
07 Fishers are in stores. I've got a Caliber, Paragon and X-Cal on the floor.
Do they have the new generation SRAM drive-bits?

fisherbikes.com only shows the '06 models when i look at it...colors? Redisigned TT/ST junction?

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
FoShizzle said:
screw XTR and new SRAM stuff....what you need is a dura ace rear derailleur with Paul's thumbie mounts running dura bar end shifters.
I know this will show my lack of sophistication and ultra cool hip retro-grouch exclusive club member status, but i still, after years of pondering, don't understand the whole Pauls Thumbie thing with DA pods.

I mean, if I buy the Pauls Thumbies, why would I still need the DA shifters, and I bought the DA shifters, why would I need the Pauls Thumbies? Do Time Trial bikes have Pauls AND DA thumb shifters. Like I said, I ain't cool like that... :skep:

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
ncj01 said:
I know this will show my lack of sophistication and ultra cool hip retro-grouch exclusive club member status, but i still, after years of pondering, don't understand the whole Pauls Thumbie thing with DA pods.

I mean, if I buy the Pauls Thumbies, why would I still need the DA shifters, and I bought the DA shifters, why would I need the Pauls Thumbies? Do Time Trial bikes have Pauls AND DA thumb shifters. Like I said, I ain't cool like that... :skep:
believe me, I aint no cool hipster myself. as you probably know, i was sort of joking anyway (though I am putting this on a bike soon).

Paul's thumbies are effectively only the "mount" for the shifters. You need actual shifters which will attach to the thumbies.

http://www.bentrideronline.com/reviews/thumbies/thumbies.html
http://www.downcycles.com/store/pauls-components-thumb-shifters-pri-242.html?reviews_id=5

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.