Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I've done the weight weenie hardtail thing - Scott Scale at 8.9kg/19.55lb with discs etc etc - I'm onto getting a duallie now. I work at a store that stocks Giant, so the Anthem 0 that is already good value becomes insane value when you get staffie prices. That being said, I can't help but think - mmm Ventana, mmm El Fuego. First thing I want to know - what's the deal with semi-custom geo? I'd probably want an 18" with a longer top tube, other than that the geo looks fine. Is that gonna set me back much?

Now, what else do I want to know - I want to know if anyone has one of the new gen ones - 2006/2007. I want to see pictures of them built up, I want to know what size you got and how much it weighed (preferably the actual frame only weight), I want to know what you think of them/how they ride. Are you noticing any 'bob'? I'm 20yo, 5'11", about 150 pounds when I'm going quick (about 160 now).

Riding style is relatively smooth/timid - I'll pick a line rather than bash through stuff (that may change with some rear wheel travel). Do a fair bit of XC racing/short track racing and am heading towards the solo enduro's - done 6hour events on the hardtail and I reckon that's the limit for a hardtail. Want to do some 8 and 12 hour events this year, maybe get in a 24, if not this year, definitely next.

So what should it be, an El Fuego with a not quite so trick parts spec or an Anthem0. Note: I'm in Australia so the Anthem spec is a bit different - click here to see it. That being said - I've already got a set of Industry9 wheels on Notubes ZTR355 rims and a set of Formula Oro Puro brakes to start the build off, and I am saving for a car so have some savings to dig into (that I shouldn't but probably will) to make the rest of the spec of equal standard, ie. top shelf.

And yes, I have read the thread convincing the other guy to buy a Ventana, hence why I'm asking more specifics, it started convincing me...I hate you all, making me spend more money, I was going to be so content with my Anthem, but if Ventana's are as good as you all say and it keeps me happy for years like you guys, then it'll work out cheaper in the long run...won't it? Now I'm convincing myself. Anyway, let's have some specifics - convince me!!

How much extra for a longer top tube?
How much did your frame weigh? Size?
How's the ride/any 'bob'?
How's it look/pictures?
Anything else I should know?

Cheers, John.

·
Registered
225 Posts
John,

Give me a call and we can chat about it. I have sold quite a few now here in the upper states and there is a guy now in Melbourne with a new style El Feugo in 18". Probably 1 size to small perhaps but you can at least look etc.

Shannon
MTB Precision
0411 360 494

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.