Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently running a Tioga extreme XC 2.1 in the rear on my Fisher sugar 2+ and I need a new front. Terrain is fairly rooty and rocky with a bit of mud here and there. A confidence inspiring tire is more important to me than a super fast rolling one, and wear isn't a huge concern. I weigh 145lbs.

·
No good in rock gardens..
4,439 Posts
Have you tried the Extreme up front?

I've run several up front over the years, and quite like them - it's rocky and loose around these parts, and they do OK.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, I haven't tried it up front although I was considering it. So far it's pretty good in the back, but nothing stellar so I figured that I might as well ask around before matching it up front.

·
4,439 Posts
I've mainly used it up front, but have used it as a rear a bit too, but mainly teamed it with a Red Phoenix out the back. I like the large volume it offers for the stated size, and the quite reasonable weight. I normally run it quite soft up front, and it allows me to rail corners and of course adds a bit of cush too.

I've had a few of the Taiwanese OEM version, as well as the Mitsuboshi labelled one, which was a little bit different in the tread and a tad narrower than the Taiwanese version.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I Just finished a set of Tiogas, Never failed me. I was running tubless conversion.
I was running the 2.1 Factory upfront and rear. Nice rolling tire great grip and really light for there size, I wore the back tire down to nothing and it still had good grip with its wide footprint. Both were the Mitsuboshi tires. Nice Sideknobs. No pun intended.

·
4,439 Posts
doug4sail said:
I Just finished a set of Tiogas, Never failed me. I was running tubless conversion.
I was running the 2.1 Factory upfront and rear. Nice rolling tire great grip and really light for there size, I wore the back tire down to nothing and it still had good grip with its wide footprint. Both were the Mitsuboshi tires. Nice Sideknobs. No pun intended.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Picked up a Mitsuboshi extreme xc 2.1 for the front today. The rear one I have now must be oem as it does seem a little bit wider than this front. Hopefully I'll get a chance to go riding tomorrow and see how it feels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.