Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new frame for under 1000 dollars that i can use for agressive trailriding, freeriding and shuttle runs at my local mountians ( and possibly whistler). I needs to have 6-7 inches of travel. The cheaper (without sacrificing too much quality) the better. Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
Check out the Transition DirtBag, its the only FS frame i can think of under a grand. It has 6 inches of travel, and from what ive heard, sounds like a good bike. But if i were you, id keep the 1000 you have and save $200 more, then buy a Santa Cruz Bullit for $1200, its an awesome bike. But if you are strictly on a budget, the Dirt Bag will do you good! :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Heres a pic of the Dirt Bag...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about a yeti asx

I found one in the color i want for 1199, and could possibly get the price lower. Is that a good option? thanks

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The AS-X is definitely a good option (is it '03 or '04 frame?). I'd get it before the Dirtbag (though it's a good frame and you can save a few $$$ with it) and definitely instead of a Bullit.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
dmananderson said:
I found one in the color i want for 1199, and could possibly get the price lower. Is that a good option? thanks
The ASX has really proven itself over the last couple of seasons. I see them in all sorts of setups. Everything from a low 30 lb. trail bike to a 40 lb. full DH rig. I think it's pretty cool that each rider seems to have their idea of how the bike should be built.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts