Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend got a used bike frame and it has a hub spacing 148x12mm O.L.D , we want to know if we can used all non boosted bike parts from his old bike ? and 12x142mm rear Wheel?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
yeah, 142x12 is not that old. the rear axle is non boost. you could run a boosted fork if you really wanted. But crank and wheels should be non boost.

·
BOOM goes the dynamite!
Occasionally Cranky
4,860 Posts
yeah, 142x12 is not that old. the rear axle is non boost. you could run a boosted fork if you really wanted. But crank and wheels should be non boost.
O.L.D. = Over-Lock-nut Dimension as in the width of the rear axle.

OP, some rear hubs can be converted to boost spacing and others cannot. I just did it to my Hope Pro4 hub. What rear hub are you wanting to use?

Also, some people prefer non-boost cranks on boost frames to move the chainline inboard (closer to the center of the frame) to bias it toward lower gears. If the frame can fit it without hitting the chainrings it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O.L.D. = Over-Lock-nut Dimension as in the width of the rear axle.

OP, some rear hubs can be converted to boost spacing and others cannot. I just did it to my Hope Pro4 hub. What rear hub are you wanting to use?

Also, some people prefer non-boost cranks on boost frames to move the chainline inboard (closer to the center of the frame) to bias it toward lower gears. If the frame can fit it without hitting the chainrings it's worth a shot.
the rear wheel is DT Swiss M 1900 Rear Wheel 30mm Rim 12x 142mm Sram XD so i think it has a dt 370 hub , The parts are 12 speed Nx Eagle crank derailleur , gx cassette,

·
Registered
734 Posts
DT Swiss used to have a really detailed set of conversion charts on their website to identify which conversions are possible and which end caps are required but I can't find anything now. Very frustrating...

·
BOOM goes the dynamite!
Occasionally Cranky
4,860 Posts
If it were a DT Swiss 350 hub, it'd work with a Wolftooth Boostinator or similar product as long as it's not the centerlock version but I'm not familiar with how the 370 is built. I'm guessing not since Wolftooth also makes a front hub version that specifies the 350 and 370 as being compatible, so YMMV. I'm sure someone has made a hack that works since it's just a matter of changing the spacing on each side by 3mm.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,014 Posts
My friend got a used bike frame and it has a hub spacing 148x12mm O.L.D , we want to know if we can used all non boosted bike parts from his old bike ? and 12x142mm rear Wheel?
Yes, you just need spacers for the wheel. Search eBay and put in the different widths. You'll see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts