Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fixed and single.
336 Posts
Sweet bike! Dig the cranks and you should really like the bar once dialed in. I've been putting Mary to the test for the last week and a half or so. The main thing is to get her dialed in by trial and error. Since she has such a tall rise I myself had to put some "drop" in the cockpit and turn the bars down slightly towards the rear hub like many are doing with the Jones. At first she seemed a bit much but once "we" got comfortable together it was smooth sailing. Verrrrrrrry comfortable indeed as long rides were not as fatigueing as before, even over the rough stuff. As well as the new found power through leverage on the climbs, hell it actually got me to wondering if I could drop a tooth or so out back. Heres my take on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
NIce bikes to both of yee, and as a member of the Mary fan club, I dig the bars. I have always liked that Explosif frame too.

·
those are Rollercams...
1,894 Posts
Nice.

mordecai said:
Sweet bike! Dig the cranks and you should really like the bar once dialed in. I've been putting Mary to the test for the last week and a half or so. The main thing is to get her dialed in by trial and error. Since she has such a tall rise I myself had to put some "drop" in the cockpit and turn the bars down slightly towards the rear hub like many are doing with the Jones. At first she seemed a bit much but once "we" got comfortable together it was smooth sailing. Verrrrrrrry comfortable indeed as long rides were not as fatigueing as before, even over the rough stuff. As well as the new found power through leverage on the climbs, hell it actually got me to wondering if I could drop a tooth or so out back. Heres my take on it.
BTW, what ballpark are those seats from?

·
Mtn Biker Machinist
1,298 Posts
Sweet build

I am looking at building a very similar bike, looks beautiful. How wide is your rear tire? Any idea how wide the explosif frame will take? Sweet build you begs to be ridden!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.