Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today was the first real ride i went on with my frame. It was wet. There was a 2.5 mile climb up about 1000- 1500 ft and then i just rode the same trail back down. It was sandy and rocky in places. Anyways the frame ripped!! I was having so much fun on the way down. The low (12.6 inch) bottom bracket height railed switch backs so well. But on the way up I was smashing pedals left and right on rocks. Thus I am looking for a way to raise my bottom bracket.

Either a 05 z1 150mm forks

or 170mm cranks as i have 175 mm cranks on there right now.

tell me whatcha guys think

·
MTB SOCAL
1,456 Posts
Similar situation

I recently built up a Banshee Scirocco as well. Hopefully, tomorrow will be my first ride. I also used 175mm cranks. I think switching to a shorter crankset will definitely help a little. Getting a longer fork will effectively raise the bb, but it will also make climbing a little more difficult (you said you mostly bashed your pedals while climbing). I'm running a Nixon Elite (147mm) now, but may switch it out for the Firefly Plus on my Quasimoto.

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
umm,...ummm...where's the pics????
didnt take any

i actually just traded my friend my 03 sherman 130mm firefly for his 03 zocchi z1 freeride (good one with hscv). i measured the axle to crown and its 3/4 of an inch taller. not much but every bit helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.