Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Young jedi Adam Sklar built me my next bike, an orange 29er, custom, steel...perfect. Made in a garage warmed by a pot barrel stove in Bozeman, Montana. Getting a fork from him too. Freaking stoked.

I put the sport to the side for five years after working for IMBA for too long, racing too much, getting roasted in the Matt Chester fiasco, weird life events and just burning out as a result of putting too much ego and personal identity into riding a bike. It's neat re-learning about parts and things going on in the sport. Thrilled to get back out there on this new steed and explore with new perspectives and a beginners mindset.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice frame! Love fillet brazed tubes. Hope you have a good time enjoying the sport again. I have a number of friends that I fear are going down the path of burn out.

·
Registered
723 Posts
"Riding a singlespeed is the closest to Jedi anyone can get on a bike"

Young jedi Adam Sklar built me my next bike, an orange 29er, custom, steel...perfect. Made in a garage warmed by a pot barrel stove in Bozeman, Montana. Getting a fork from him too. Freaking stoked.

I put the sport to the side for five years after working for IMBA for too long, racing too much, getting roasted in the Matt Chester fiasco, weird life events and just burning out as a result of putting too much ego and personal identity into riding a bike. It's neat re-learning about parts and things going on in the sport. Thrilled to get back out there on this new steed and explore with new perspectives and a beginners mindset.
Awesome you shared this.....was and am in the same boat on several points....thank you for sharing.
The frame looks awesome as well...and love the "Jedi" comment.... reminds me of Heather Irmiger's quote "Riding a singlespeed is the closest to Jedi anyone can get on a bike"
SSWC Q&A: Heather Irmiger and Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski - VeloNews.com

Welcome back! Cheers, Scott

·
Registered
500 Posts
That's a great looking rig!
There's a beautiful simplicity to a steel frame. May your return to the sport find the same.
Cheers,
MK

·
Registered
376 Posts
That is sublime. Congratulations on the new rig and thanks for sharing!

Whenever things relating to bikes get to seem like work I really try to switch the mission. Whether that's taking a break from racing so it doesn't always feel like training, or switching off the Garmin to make sure and take a look around. Bikes should always be brought back to that pure stoke.

Great post and looking forward to the updates!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sklar Singlespeed 29er

I want to take a moment to echo some of the things said by Pluto Pilot, and this seems like an appropriate place to post. I'll try and keep this brief and get right to the photos. I also recently purchased a bike from Sklar Bikes. This bike has far exceeded my expectations.
A few months ago, after I sent an inquiry to his website, Adam contacted me. After chatting for a bit, I immediately got a good feeling about Adam/Sklar and decided to put down a deposit to secure a spot in the queue.
After some brief questions and measurements, Adam quickly understood what I was looking for and emailed me a preliminary sketch of the bike we talked about. Throughout this process Adam was easy to contact and communicate with (email, text) and I quickly decided on a full build.
Fast forward a few months, the bike was delivered to my house recently in Arizona. It was neatly tucked away in a box and came partialy assembled with Stan's fluid in the tires. I had only to throw on the front wheel and handlebars and it was ready to ride. After about 100 miles I have to say, I love this bike. It feels very stable and balanced. It climbs, and descends well and corners with confidence. I have only good things to say about Adam and Sklar Bikes.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts