Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got the brown truck today and inside it was a 2010 Canfield Jedi size large. have all the parts but wheels. Should be fully built by end of next week!:thumbsup:

We will start testing on it the following week. Frame looks sick BTW......

·
Registered
681 Posts
That is going to be super sick, Ive always wanted to throw a leg over one of those. Congrats! Build??

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Edray,

Thanks can't wait to get it built. The build is below.
Manitou Dorado Pro
Shimano Saint Crank
Shimano Saint Brakes
Shimano Saint Rear Der.
Twenty 6 Prerunner Pedals
Chris King HS
Easton EA70 Bars
Thomson
WTB Silverado Seat
WTB DH Wheels
WTB tires

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sounds stellar, I need to get my hands/feet on some twenty6 pedals. Did you get them from your LBS or online somewhere?
Cheers
PS Nice standover!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sick looking bike. Stoked to see the reviews of it. Going to sell this one when your done like the V-10 or is this going to be for you?

Also does MRP make that custom guide or does Canfield just make a backplate for the G2?

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
edray said:
Sounds stellar, I need to get my hands/feet on some twenty6 pedals. Did you get them from your LBS or online somewhere?
Cheers
PS Nice standover!
I ordered them direct from 26 I know that Competitive Cyclist also carries them. They are just too pretty I almost dont want to ride them.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jcook1989 said:
Sick looking bike. Stoked to see the reviews of it. Going to sell this one when your done like the V-10 or is this going to be for you?

Also does MRP make that custom guide or does Canfield just make a backplate for the G2?

MRP make that version of the G2 specifically for the Jedi F1. Yes I am selling it after we are done testing it to fund the next frame.:cryin:

·
Registered
455 Posts
did you add any spacers on that upper pulley wheel? looks pretty close to the frame

·
Registered
455 Posts
let us know about that :)
im running an E13 chainguide with a saint cranks and im still messing around with the spacers and chain line:D

congrats on your new machine! its going to be great!

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
How is it that everyone who gets a BA new bike is also a professional photographer? ;)

I can't wait to see it built, it's going to be sick.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Welcome to the Canfield Club! You'll love the Jedi.

·
Canfield Bikes
1,124 Posts
ianjenn - with the saint cranks, the chainline is 2.5mm farther out than most. (new Saint is 57.5 and old saint and others are 55mm). The hot setup is to space the ring IN at the crank, then you won't need any spacers on the guide or pulley wheel. The spacers come with the chainguide. Try not to use any spacers on the pulley, it will run smoother.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
This is exactly what I did on my '09 Jedi. Space the chainring in from the cranks and everything fell in place so nicely. I tried other approaches too, but wasn't nearly as happy with how things lined up.

·
Registered
455 Posts
by spacing it in 2.5 mm, did the chainring leave the spider housing? i tried putting 2.5mm spacers on the inner side of the crankarm spider but it seems at though the chainring doesnt get the support from the spider bulges

could anyone please upload a pic of this? even in pm ill be very happy to see how its done:D

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
It won't have as much direct support from the crank spider, but the support that is lessened is more in the lateral plane, which isn't as critical. Realistically the chainring hardware carries most of the force/stress in the spider/chainring interface.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts