Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I thought I'd check here first but can always hit up a LBS too...

I thought there was talk of a new trail system being available for riding in 2014 in either the Appleton or Greenville area in WI, does anyone know if this is true or have knowledge of any more details about this? I moved here from Green Bay recently, and would love to not have to drive up there in order to have access to nice single track.

Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll post here if I find anything, I have also reached out to the folks at fvmtb.org :) I am aware of a small loop of single track at Riverview Gardens, but if you live in GB you may be better of sticking to Bairds or the Refo Camp...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Those are the staples. There was a small trail in Maribel too, but a wind storm closed the park last summer. I wonder if they've rebuilt it.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Riverview Gardens has a bit of single track with more to be built this summer. The Grand Chute project is dead as far as I'm concerned. DNR put to many hurdles in place to use the original location. A second location had been selected and is now on a merry-go-round between the town board and park commission. The money is still in the budget and FVMTB has offer support/man power to help make it a reality, but no one is holding their breath on it ever moving past the discussion phase with the board and park commission.

Long term, there is very good prospects of building new, not grey area single track at High Cliff but it's a couple years out.

We'll get more trails, but it's going to take some time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Riverview Gardens has 3/4 of a mile of switch back trail down a hill. They are planning to add another mile. I heard rumors of a skill park being built in Appleton. I think High Cliff would be the best option but FASTA tried and some how botched it after 2 successful meetings. If denhildav is right about potential plans that would be great.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Read online that fvmb'ers did some work to Riverview Gardens and the new trail is in the process... should be done in another few weeks it looks like

1 - 10 of 10 Posts