Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information on the new Fox Proframe Helmet?

It was in the 2017 Fox catalog and it showed up on a few websites, but then it got taken down.

87220.jpg

proframe.jpeg

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks interesting. It's the first one I've seen that might make me want to try something other than my Met Parachute, which I really like. Interested in trying out something with MIPS.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I like that it has the magnetic buckle on the chin strap but from what I have seen and read it does not have an adjustable retention system so fit will be more like a traditional down hill helmet ie: no adjustment, it will fit your head shape or you are out of luck.

·
Registered
9,172 Posts
Looks interesting. It's the first one I've seen that might make me want to try something other than my Met Parachute, which I really like. Interested in trying out something with MIPS.
The MIPS perks my interest, but it's heavier than the Parachute and I'm not sure I like how open the front is.

I don't have problems with the Parachutes ventilation at all.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Yes the specifically mention ASTM downhill standard in their video.

So it's basically Fox's version of a MET Parachute.
Good to know. I didn't watch the video - just read some of the reviews.

I'm happy with my Parachute for now but it's nice to know there are alternatives out there.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just got got this helmet yesterday and had to bedazzle it. I wear a hat size 7 1/4 and the medium fits great. I will be trying it out today with some nice steep climbing to see how it feels to breath with it on.

helmet 1.jpg helmet 2.jpg helmet 3.jpg

·
Registered
147 Posts
very cool helmet! I think the parachute may have it beat on ventilation, I personally dont know but think I will be getting the met parachute for easy trail riding. need to protect my 50 year old face. :)

·
Registered
9,172 Posts
The thing I like about the MET that's not mentioned much is how well it channels the sweet off to the side and keeps it from running down your forehead into your eyes.

It just doesn't look like the Fox is going to do that as well

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Looks like a nice helmet for warm days of shuttling or bike park riding. The cheek pads look a bit much for a day of pedaling though.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks for the photos. Looks like a great helmet IF it fits your head shape. It is missing a variable retention system like the Met has which means that it will fit more like a traditional Full face helmet which will probably knock it off the list for me as Fox full face helmets dont usually fit me well.Bummer

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
This is some serious ventilation!

I hope it will be the new trend in MTB full face helmets, most (all?) of them are pretty weak in that aspect.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts