Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 40 of 250 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,808 Posts
J. Random Psycho said:
I think it says in German on the scan that Formula is considering to discontinue the Oro line.
not the Oro line, just Bianco and Puro, seems like k18 and k24 would still be there... I'd bet that the aftermarket parts would still be available for you to make you "own" Puros

·
Riding a Rig.
1,156 Posts
I wish they came in white.

·
I wanna go fast!
506 Posts
What was wrong with the Oro Puro that warranted discontinuing it? I love mine, and I love the way they look. I am not real keen on the look of the lever on the R1...oh well...I guess Formula doesn't want to have two top end brakes so similar to each other.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Because the Puros are far from the lightest nowadays. Hope and Magura particularly have much lighter setups. Personally, the thing I hate the most of my Puros (the only thing I don't like I should say) is the look, gold but not a shiny gold, a faded gold. Nothing wrong with the Puros, but if you don't progress, you are going backward...

·
I wanna go fast!
506 Posts
Dan Gerous said:
Because the Puros are far from the lightest nowadays. Hope and Magura particularly have much lighter setups. Personally, the thing I hate the most of my Puros (the only thing I don't like I should say) is the look, gold but not a shiny gold, a faded gold. Nothing wrong with the Puros, but if you don't progress, you are going backward...
I understand the need to progress...I just don't like the radical re-design of the lever blade and body. It looks very "not Formula". However, the Formula guys have yet to disappoint, so I'm sure this one will be a winner...I'll just need some time to get adjusted, is all :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Now that's more like it, a production version and you got the 09 Scott Genius as well, double good find.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just wonder where they put the fluid reservoir in that master cylinder. It look similar to their old B1's from way back in the day linked to one of their newer style calipers. How's this thing going to handle fluid expansion and contraction?:skep: They've definitley gotten their program together as of late (even though the 24mm piston thing is kind of old hat for some companies. I mic'ed out a set of the G1/G2 caliper pistons from Hayes and guess what...), but their product has that nice clean & curvy Italian aesthetic that keeps me riding Campy on the road bike regardless of how heavy it is.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Dan Gerous said:
but if you mate them with an 07 carbon rush that is black with gold accents (near the head tube) it looks awesome!!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Thanks for sharing the stash, I think this must be the new aluminium Spark, that's what I was looking for although it looks almost identical to the carbon:

21 - 40 of 250 Posts